COMPLETED: Use What You Have Swap - S/U 7/29-8/9 S/O 9/9

That was a mini-adventure you didn’t sign up for! lol Better luck tomorrow!

1 Like

Life with two little boys is pretty crazy most of the time, lol. My older kiddo wanted something for Christmas that has been really hard to find lately, with no indication it’s going to get easier. I’ve been keeping my eye on it for weeks. Got a tip from Amazon reviews to check Target, well… A store on the South side of the city had one in stock today, so I bought it online and ran out there to get it. Of course, he also needed his Scouting gear, so we had to run out to the Scout shop on the West side. Then, back to the North end for the Infinity Gauntlet that my 4-year old was desperate to spend his allowance on. And after three hours of driving and shopping, I just had to laugh at myself when the PO was only accepting cash and I had $12 in my wallet (and a dollar in my glove box). :joy:

3 Likes

Of course that would be the day, right?!

1 Like

I am waiting on something to finish itself… :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to see how it looks!

3 Likes

I had better luck with the Post Office yesterday. @momiemae’s package is on its way. I hope you like everything. :heart:

2 Likes

We officially have less than a week until the official send out day. For those of you who still need to send, how are you doing?

We do have some receivers so far. Don’t forget to check out the gallery!

1 Like

Well, my second small turned out to be a bust. (Whyyyy?! I’ve made them before. :weary: Guess it was just bad crafting mojo). So I’m taking an entirely new tack and I’m partway through it. I want to send out this week, hopefully tomorrow!

I am being picky about this one thing I am making.

1 Like

I have had a crazy week but have plenty of time this weekend to finish up. :slight_smile: Gonna get working tomorrow on what should be my last project! (Though knowing me I will get inspired and try ten different things first).

2 Likes

I’m hoping to finish my last item tonight :slight_smile:

Both of the postal self-service kiosks in this county and the next are broken this weekend. :-1: So, I tried, but now it will be Wednesday when I send.

That’s such a bummer. I love the self-service kiosks! It’s a great way to use the post office after hours when no one is around.

I will be shipping tomorrow; I forgot to find a box today! Whoops. Best intentions gone awry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today is send out day! It looks like these swappers still need to ship: @momiemae @fluffypants @PrincessP @Chr1stchan @calluna Let me know if I missed a PM in my inbox from anyone. I’m trying to keep track, but the messaging system is a bit harder to manage for me. I just need to get more used to it.

Don’t forget to send me a PM with the tracking or photo of your international receipt when you ship and let me know when you receive as well!

4 Likes

i have sent mine out!

3 Likes

I PM’ed that I will be sending ASAP, missed the Post Office today. Drat!

I’ve sent :slight_smile: :flight_departure::package::love_letter:

1 Like

I was so excited to send yesterday I barreled out of the house and to the post office without a mask and didn’t realize it until I was standing in the post office. (D’oh!) I had some fabric in the car to use (being a craft person). But as I wondered how I could totally forget something that has become such an everyday reality, I figured it out: running to the post office with completed swap packages is a callback to all the happy times in the past when I’ve done the same thing. My life is infinitely better/happier/healthier now than it was in the heyday of swaps, but during those times shipping a package off that I’d put so much into was my biggest sense of a accomplishment and it felt really good. So in the midst of these strange times, there was comfort–and muscle memory–in the old ritual. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It’s always such a great feeling to hand over your package for it to start its way to the destination! I’m glad you had some fabric in your car! I love how prepared crafters are, even if they don’t realize it.

6 Likes

I sent! Sorry for being late!

1 Like