COMPLETE: Vintage Halloween Swap 2020 (SU: 7/29-8/5. SO: 9/8)

I mainly had store bought costumes as a kid but have done more DIY ones as an adult.

I’m almost ready to send!

2 Likes

I am behind a question! Here’s my Halloween joke:

Q: Why did the ghost go into the bar?
A: For the Boos. (ha!)

I always DIY’ed my costume. I think I was a cat for about five years in a row.

4 Likes

I had a variety of costumes that were store bought or made-at-home.I did not create any on my own 100% though. I wore the plastic over-piece with that sharp plastic character mask at least a couple of times. lol

1 Like

Sometimes my mom would make ours, but most often it was store bought with me wishing my mom made it for me.
Love the clown pic! Lol I would be scared also

I made good headway today. Still quite a bit more to do but that will have to wait till my next day off.

1 Like

My package was delivered! SWAP ANXIETY!!!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Vintage Halloween Swap 2020 Gallery

I have officially broken ground on this project. Woohoo!

1 Like

Made progress on the fiddly bits last night. It was a stressful day of unexpected meetings, dumped into facilitating an online trainings, voice over work…some of it recorded for the third time. Yikes. Oh and a thunderstorm in the middle of recording. Most of this is not my regular job, I’m back up on things and things happened.

So doing fiddly, fussy bits to finish off the “thing” for this swap actually helped. The cats weren’t much help and the kittens (fostering 3 very lively 4 month olds) were banned. I hope to get all finished this weekend and then figure out how to ship and have things arrive in one shape. That’s the part I always forget to plan for. True crafter here.

2 Likes

My package is on its way!

1 Like

Mailed my package this afternoon!

1 Like

We are getting close to the send out date! The question this week is:

How is everyone doing? Did you send? Are you almost done?

1 Like

I am ok! My package should be arriving at my swap partner today. :slight_smile:

I’m awesome! My package arrived from Lindy today!

I am great. I have not sent… I am truckin’ along.

1 Like

All done, all packaged up, and I even remembered pics. Ready for the PO tomorrow.

Did I miss something? This was for one medium item right? Did all of you go crazy with extras? It’s like the great pumpkin came early!

1 Like

I will be finishing up mine today with plans to send tomorrow. I haven’t done this particular “style” of this type of craft before but am totally in love with it! I will absolutely do this type again and again.

I just finished! Took photos and now it’s ready for the mail tomorrow! Whew!

2 Likes

Finished yesterday. Pictures & packing today. I did do a few extras. Over crafting is apparently my way of coping with isolating at home. I thank my recipient for indulging me :grinning:

1 Like

Tomorrow is the send out date! If you are going to be late, please contact me and your partner.

Send outs are today!

2 Likes