COMPLETE-Vintage Halloween Swap 2021 Sign Up: 7/23-7/30. Send Out: 9/1/21

Definitely not a zombie and I’m already hairy enough so a werewolf would be an easy transition! lol!
I think a funny idea for a sitcom would be a ghost and a zombie that came from the same dead body. Like the ghost could be sassy and the zombie would be kinda dumb, running into walls and stuff. And they would be roommates living in the same apartment Odd Couple style

1 Like

Well, one of the gifts of old age is that my gray hair is coming in with loads of “body” (up until then, my hair was very straight). This makes it all a little unruly. Add in covid and no trips to the hairdresser, and it’s getting a bit out of control. So, I feel like I’m halfway to werewolf already - plus, no need to shave your legs!!

2 Likes

Check in time! It’s a two part questions. 1- have you checked in with your partner and 2-What is your favorite thing about Halloween?

I have checked in with my partner and there is just way too much that I love about Halloween. We collect vintage Halloween so a lot of it stays up all year round. I love watching horror movies (I do that all the time too. LOL!), love candy, the cold weather. It is just a feeling. It’s perfect!

1 Like

I HAVE checked in with my partner, she and I have very similar tastes so this was easy to craft for
I love all things Halloween but mostly the colors and the cooler temps. Cooler temps in Florida just means 80 and not 95! I love being scared so scary movies and Halloween horror nights are musts for me!

Yep, my partner and I have checked in. As she said, we seem to have very similar taste. Yippee, that always makes it easier to come up with ideas. (And, after a few false starts, I think I’ve got a plan :slight_smile: )

As far as question 2, I think it’s this! My kids and grandkids are almost grown, we don’t get any trick or treaters in our neighborhood, and, right now, I feel most comfortable at home. But, every year I do this swap. I start thinking about it in early summer & start contemplating new and interesting ideas and supplies (yearly Tim Holtz Halloween release!). Then it’s sign-ups, partners and stalking. Then weeks of crafting. And, finally appreciating new Halloween goodies. Seriously, I love this stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have a sender! The gallery is up!

1 Like

Yes, I have.

My favorite thing is seeing all the decorated homes. I have seen a few good ones in NOLA. I hope there are some nice ones where we are moving to. I hope to have a house so I can decorate my yard some day.

1 Like

Checking in! Apologies for the delay I’ve been in the middle of a move!

1 Like

I don’t really have anywhere else to brag about my Halloween mug haul. I went to Marshalls unsupervised. I don’t even like Rae Dunn…

2 Likes

HA! Those are pretty awesome though. Nice haul!

I am a year round Halloween person but what gets you in the Halloween mood? Are you a year round person like me? Do you start decorating in August or do you wait till October?

Our house is filled with our vintage Halloween collection, movie monster posters with a few crows around the house. It is like mid century goth cottagecore (think if you cute granny and her six year old goth daughter lived together). LOL! We start hitting the stores in August for new Halloween stuff. So far we’ve been to Home Goods and Michaels.

1 Like

I am a year round person. My husband doesn’t like me decorating too early but I have a few things that stay out year-round.

1 Like

Checking in. I will be offline until next week. The movers are coming tomorrow and then we will be on the road.

1 Like

Checking in again! Sending out soon!

1 Like

Awesome! I should be done by this weekend and ready to send out.

Question for the week:
(this is a silly one)
Pumpkin spice…love it or want to hurl it from a cliff?

I usually have one pumpkin spice latte a season and then I am done. I do love pumpkin pie though.

1 Like

My pantry is stocked with pumpkin spice goodies. Cheerios, shredded wheat, frozen waffles, M&M’s, cinnamon rolls, cookies, baking chips. I loooove it! I do not drink coffee or tea anymore but when I did boy oh boy I would load up on pumpkin spice coffee and creamer

I’m really slow for this swap - but plugging away! Dad’s in the hospital and I’m there every day, so crafting time is short. It’s been a great break from worrying about Dad (he’s 86 and has a few things going on; but, hoping for a move to rehab soon!)

I’ve finished 99% of the major item and a couple of smalls. Just a few more tweaks!

Pumpkin spice, love it, HATE coffee though, so lattes are never tempting. Every year, I do lament the fact that I can’t find a good pumpkin donut. Some year, I’m finding a recipe and making my own. (Although as a WW member, it might be better not to find a good recipe!)

1 Like

I am here! Just got to our new place in Kansas on Monday. I am almost done with my package. Just adding a few finishing touches and trying to find which box the first thing I made is in.

1 Like

Send outs are less than a week away! I am almost done. I hope to send out by this weekend.

1 Like

Yay! That means I can get my other goodies out of the attic!

Hey ghouls! We are getting close to send outs. Wednesday is the day! If you are going to be late, please pm me and your partner.

Thanks!

1 Like