COMPLETE:Winter Book Swap 2020: S/U: 10/6-10/17 Send outs: 11/18/20

I wonā€™t be able to send it out for a while. :frowning_face: Someone in my sonā€™s class is having or has had symptoms of covid. So itā€™s unconfirmed, but heā€™s at home learning and weā€™re supposed to quarantine.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just about to start This Book will Make You Kinder by Henry James Garrett and am listening to the audio version of Wim Hofā€™s book.

I decided to play with some paper crafting and made two small/simple things, expecting that one wouldnā€™t work out, but the crafting gods were smiling on me so they will both be being sent out.
Iā€™m aiming to send on Tuesday this coming week.

4 Likes

awww, sorry to hear that ā€“ hopefully it will just be a scare

I know that throws a wrench in things, but at least you are all done (unlike your
partner, who is still dithering but has some ideas brewing :slight_smile:
(thanks for the wonderful pinterest board with such a great selection of ideas!)

1 Like

Just heard todayā€¦ it was a cold, not covid. The school still has to keep the kids at home as part of protocol, but weā€™re all good for trick or treating! Iā€™ll be sending out soon. Iā€™d like to send today, but I have a few goals to reach first.

8 Likes

So glad it was a cold and not covid @irid3sc3nt!

I bought my book today, but Iā€™m having second thoughts so I might buy a second book. :joy:

I have some crafty ideas, but nothing has fully stuck yetā€¦

3 Likes

We have a sender! The gallery is open.

3 Likes

Ordered the book last weekā€¦should take 5 - 8 days once they mail.
(fingers crossed my partner will like it)

Still mulling over ideas for the craft

2 Likes

Books :white_check_mark:
Chocolate :white_check_mark:
Craftsā€¦so close!

1 Like

I need to get the chocolate and I am waiting for a book to come in.

My partner and I agreed on 3 smalls and I am done with 2 of them.

2 Likes

oh, I know you are relieved!
Iā€™m excited to see my package :slight_smile:
Iā€™m waiting to go to the chocolate shop until just before I am ready to mail,
bec chocolate doesnā€™t last that long around me, LOL
Canā€™t keep temptation around, must ship it off!
Iā€™m pretty sure it will be right at the deadline due to having to order some stuff for
crafting & just life in general these days

2 Likes

I have the books (maybe one more if it arrives in time)!

I know where the chocolate is coming from!

I just have to get to the craft store for an item (hopefully tomorrow). I hope to be done by Monday at the latest.

4 Likes

So exciting!

I have one nearly complete, itā€™s mostly wait time left for that. The second one is off to a good start, and the third is ready to start (but wonā€™t take long once I begin). Theyā€™re all different crafts, so I work on them at different times of day/night, based on how much interference I expect from the kids. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I getcha. Iā€™ve been having anxiety for the past month now, to where I donā€™t want to leave my house. Coordinating with my psychiatrist, but mental health meds take forever to workā€¦

Your chocolate looked pretty tasty on the counter, but I had a bunch in the candy cupboard so it wasnā€™t eaten.

1 Like

The kids have half-days this week, so that means I can go book & chocolate shopping this afternoon! Woo hoo! And I figured out my craft last night, so Iā€™m feeling purty good about things. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Books are purchased, crafting has begun. Still not sure what Iā€™m going to do as far as chocolateā€¦

1 Like

Chocolate is the hardest part for me too. I donā€™t have any nice chocolate shops open near me anymore. :slightly_frowning_face: But Chocolate is chocolate, as long as it is sweet it should be fine. LOL!

2 Likes

I am not picky about chocolate as long as it isnā€™t Palmer. LOL!

3 Likes

Yeah, you canā€™t really go wrong with the chocolateā€¦ :yum:

Palmer is pretend chocolate. Boo hiss.

The chocolate I got is good and fun, even if not particularly ā€œfancy.ā€ I hope she likes it. :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes