COMPLETE: ATCoin Swap - S/U 10/26-11/9/21, S/O 11/30/21

I was thinking tiny buttons and beads.

3 Likes

Sounds amazing to me!

Totally acceptable and sounds great!

1 Like

I think I’ll be sitting this one out after all. Just feeling more overwhelmed than usual and I know I’d have extra swap anxiety :pensive: But I will be stalking the gallery and maybe I’ll make some on my own just for fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cut out some coins with my mini die cut machine - they might be a squidge under 2.5" but I can always back them with a true 2.5" coin…

2 Likes

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 2.5" inch punch or die?

I like the Fiskars punches in general. But Amazon has some good prices on off-brands or Made in #$%.

1 Like

I think I am going to watch this from afar and make some coins at my own pace. Curious what everyone will make!

Sent in my questionnaire :slight_smile:

1 Like

Signing up! :wave:t2:

1 Like

Welcome to @pioneer9 and @curiousfae!
I’m sorry you can’t join us this round, @Animegirlie but I’m sure there will be more rounds.

@themistresst In my experience, the punches where you push down are great and a lot more powerful than the squeeze type, but I think in that large of a size, the squeeze type doesn’t exist so that wouldn’t be in question, but you never know. I have a fiskars brand 2.5" punch that I got from either JoAnns or Michaels with a 50% off coupon and it works really well and still works well after LOTS of punching.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips @Smmarrt and @Kwality570 ! I tried Michael’s today and they hardly had ANY punches; the ones they did have were their Recollections brand which I have had bad luck with. I plan to try JoAnn on Thurs when I am next “in town”!

1 Like

Last day for sign-ups! I am so excited to see who I am partnered with and to get inspired by their themes!

1 Like

Just like Gozer said, it’s the last day for signups! We’re welcoming @geekgirl to the group. Are there any other fence sitters still trying to decide? @Reinikka @Magpie ?

2 Likes

I thought I would sit out but now I’m reconsidering… what are some of the themes people are wishing for? That might give me a better idea of if I should risk the swap anxiety :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Mine included artist’s choice, found poetry, InspiroBot quotes, I think mermaids…I tried to give options for a variety of styles/leanings, plus the AC escape hatch.

1 Like

@Reinikka

This is my list:

List of at least 10 themes/subjects you love and would like to receive:

1. Mid-century modern furniture or patterns
  2. 1960’s music
    3.1970’s music
  3. Snarky ladies and snarky sayings
  4. Human-animal hybrids - modern not ancient Egyptian or Dr. Moreau
  5. Breakfast
  6. Tea party
  7. Books, reading and libraries
  8. San Francisco
  9. Mystery - from Nancy Drew to Tana French
1 Like

I am too busy to swap right now sad face. I’ll be watching the gallery, it’s going to be great!

I’m getting excited for this swap! I think we should have partners soon :heart:
@Kwality570 I noticed that my cutting dies don’t seem to be exactly 2.5 inches. Is this going to be a problem? Or is there a particular die or punch you recommend to be sure to get the “right” size?

I have the Fiskars 2.5" punch. https://www.joann.com/fiskars-xx-large-lever-punch-2-1-2in-circle/2412914.html It works really well.

1 Like