COMPLETE: Handmade Journals Swap SO:September 19, 2020

Unfortunately I have to drop out - we just had layoffs & I got someone elseโ€™s duties dumped on me, in the middle of a very busy work season already. Foo! I mean, yay I have a job, but boo doing the work of two now!

Oh too bad. Sorry about the hassle your facing. maybe next time!

1 Like

I will be watching the swap, and practicing for next round!

2 Likes

You can always use a journal for yourself!

Argh!
So tempted by this but, with only just getting some mojo back I know that pushing comfort zones and having time limits, along with returning to college/school, for me & boys, is not a good idea.
If I can cope/get enthusiasm/find time around college stuff, Iโ€™ll make one for me.

2 Likes

I will send out partner info this afternoon - busy last week of school.
And vacation/staycation begins in 5, 4, 3, 2, โ€ฆ

4 Likes

Partner info sent - have fun!

1 Like

Partners yay! Time to spread papers all over the craft room!

1 Like

Yesss! Itโ€™s going to be such fun making a journal for @Nicole!

Yay! I have been waiting for a theme to work onโ€‹:grinning: itโ€™s Crafting Time! :open_book: :books:

I was a bit nervous to join this swap, but Iโ€™ll be eagerly stalking the gallery and perhaps keeping an eye out for Round 2 :wink:

1 Like

SAME SAME SAME! Your questionnaire has me so excited!

1 Like

Next time for sure, please join. We are beginners and intermediates and none of us is expecting perfection - we just like handmade stuff!

3 Likes

I have so many ideas! What am I to do. And so much ephemera to consider. Digging through stuff now.

1 Like

I love this part of the crafting process. Selecting and Collecting the crafting stuff! Yay!!!

1 Like

Me, too. I am planning to go the creative reuse joint tomorrow, because, you know, there might be something there that I donโ€™t have yet!

1 Like

I havenโ€™t been to our creative reuse place in ages. But I think I should really clean my craft room before I go there again.

1 Like

I pulled out some art journals I had made or received. Starting to get some more solid ideas. And some where I have a fabric journal I have never bound.

7 Likes

Somehow I didnโ€™t spot your posting, but I love seeing all your books! The buckle is a nice closure idea.

I have a journal made for the swap, and it is structurally sound, but Iโ€™m thoroughly dissatisfied with how it looks so far. I guess that is why I have gessoโ€ฆ :slightly_smiling_face:

Idea: a beer journal. Bottle opener in the spine. Flattened bottle caps get added to heavy-weight pages, along with paper coasters and other flotsam from drinking. Ok, back to sleep now.

4 Likes