COMPLETE! Inspiring Women Swap: Sign Up 6/3-6/10. Send Out: 7/11/20

Is there a woman in your life that inspires you? An artist? A writer or a family member? No matter who it is, we need to celebrate them! This swap is about the women who make a difference in our lives.

Swap Details:
You will be making one medium item for this swap. If you want extras, that can be worked out with you and your partner.

You must check in weekly!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer aka kittykill:

Questionnaire to Answer:
Name of swap: Inspiring Women
LettuceCraft username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Would you like to send and receive extras YES/NO
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home (cats, smoke, etc)?
What is your favorite color (or color scheme)?
3 favorite inspiring women
I would love to receive:
Please do not send me:
Do you have any inspirations that would help your partner personalize your package (Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, Flickr, etc)?
Anything else you’d like your partner to know?

Swap name: Inspiring Women
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: kittykill
Sign-up date range: 6/3-6/10/20
Send out Date: 7/11/20
Limited to a certain number of people? nope

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? nope
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Just the one
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Participants:
kittykill
MightyMitochondria
Abbeeroad
Nicole

Partners:
kittykill(pr)-Nicole(pr)
MightyMitochondria(pr)-Abberoad(pr)

3 Likes

Woo hoo! So excited!

1 Like

YES! Going to work on my q!!

1 Like

And…I just submitted my sign up! :smile:

1 Like

So excited!

1 Like

We have one more day till partners. We may be a small group, but we are mighty!

2 Likes

Partners are up and on the first post! I am sending info now.

YAY!! :woman_scientist: :woman_artist: :woman_astronaut:

Abbeeroad gave me a list of really fantastic women. I think the hardest thing will be choosing just one of them!

1 Like

Woo! This is exciting! :grin:

I narrowed it down to two ideas and ordered fabric that will work for either. I’m soooooo excited!

1 Like

I plan on starting my project this afternoon. I’m excited!

1 Like

Oh man - you’re so quick! I’m still gathering ideas!

Check in time!

We all had so many inspiring women on our lists. Tell us about one of them.

Of course I had Frida Kahlo but I also had Hedy Lamarr. She was brilliant and so brave! She escaped an abusive husband and developed a radio guidance system that used frequency hopping ( basically Wi-Fi). She also worked on aviation designs, was an actress and considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. She was self-taught.

3 Likes

RBG was at the top of my list. She’s awesome - the second woman ever to serve on the Supreme Court and a leading voice for gender equality, women’s interests, and civil rights and liberties.

2 Likes

My top choice was the actress Carrie Fisher of Star Wars fame. She lived her life unapologetically and was an advocate for feminism, drug addiction, and mental health. She was and continues to be a hero.

2 Likes

One of mine was Marsha P Johnson, a black trans woman/drag queen who is credited for starting the Stonewall Riot and founded the Gay Liberation Front. :black_heart::brown_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

My fabric arrived! I washed & ironed it. Now I’m ready to dig in to some crafting. Woot woot!

1 Like

I plan to start this weekend, but we’ll see. I don’t have clear direction yet, but I’m thinking I’ll just go for it and see where things lead!

1 Like

Check in time!

This week’s question: What is amazing about you? Toot your horn! Let’s hear it!

1 Like