COMPLETE! Inspiring Women Swap: Sign Up 6/3-6/10. Send Out: 7/11/20

Oh man - this is hard, lol.

I guess one thing that I’m pretty proud of is I just wrapped up 4 years as PTA Treasurer at my son’s elementary school. I still have to close the books and do the taxes, audit, etc. But I think I cleaned up a lot of things that we were lax about before. I’m really hoping I can pass things off in a way that helps the next Treasurer be confident in their role from day 1. This was a small taste for me of what it’s like to be in public service and believe me it is HARD! I’m not sure I’m cut out for it on a larger scale, which makes me appreciate these trailblazing ladies we are celebrating so much more!

3 Likes

I agree. This is a tough one. Sometimes I think the thing that can make someone amazing is simply that they keep on keeping on. It has been a rough year.
My oldest son has really struggled with mental health in the last year. Trying to heal him, be there for my other children and husband, and be any kind of decent teacher was already tough to say the least. Then COVID hit and the world turned upside down. I figured out how to survive distance learning and priorotize mental health for the whole family. The time away from school has been good for my son. We have and continue to take one day at a time. I keep on keeping on. This too will pass.

2 Likes

This is a great question and I love how vulnerable the answers have been :heart:
I take a lot of pride in my work. Lately I’ve been facilitating some really hard but interesting conversations about race with my district, and then recently I facilitated one that was for the whole agency. There were about 400 people in (virtual) attendance and it was really intimidating, but ended up being extremely enlightening. I’m actually doing another one this week! I’m happy to be able to use my platform to promote the voices of others and to encourage people to think critically about their implicit biases.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!!

1 Like

That is fantastic. I would love something like that for my district. Thank you for speaking out for those who may not have a voice. :heart:

1 Like

I think that I’m basically done! I have some finishing touches and then I need to figure out shipping. This was a change of pace for me so it was really cathartic and I’m excited to ship!

I am done too! I need to wrap it up and plan on shipping out soon.

1 Like

Oh man, I’m feeling a little behind. Hopefully I can remedy that this weekend!

@kittykill - tell us something amazing about you already! Besides what we already know…:wink:

1 Like

I am nowhere close to done. I’m sure I’ll be sending much closer to the deadline.

Yes, tell us about yourself kitty kill!

Let’s see! Well, I am pretty proud of myself because I started taking a computer programming bootcamp. It is challenging but really fun. At first I wondered if I was too old but I know I am never too old to learn something new and if it gives me a new/different skill set, how awesome it that? Also, taking charge of my own well-being. Knowing what I need to have good mental health, and what brings me joy. I’m really working on that, right now it is so hard, but I’m proud that I am being mindful of it.

3 Likes

I’m embroidering an item for this swap and I decided to bring it on vacation and work on it during the drive. I was struggling with one feature. I must have torn it out at least six times. Then a water bottle leaked in my backpack and melted the soluble embroidery fabric. This was the universe’s way of telling me to give up. :joy::joy: Now I’m starting over with plan B. Good thing I still have plenty of time before sendouts!

Oh no! I hope plan B goes smoother!

So, I made something over the weekend, but I’m not sure how I feel about it. Going to think on it for a day or two…I might add a little thing or two to make me feel better about it.

Check in time! It’s an easy one this week.

How is everyone doing?

We are having sno cones for lunch, so I would say we are doing OK. :smile:

2 Likes

YESSSSS! That is a good thing!

Doing well here in N.J.! Trying to get outside every day with these crazy kids! I can’t believe July starts tomorrow! Time is flying.

Doing fine, but very sleepy :sleeping:

1 Like

Gallery is up! We have a sender/receiver!

1 Like

I hope everyone is doing okay! Don’t forget that send outs are this Saturday.

2 Likes