COMPLETE: Little Good Things of 2021-- sign ups 3/1-3/14, Send 3/30

Done and sent! I was really chuffed with how my little things turned out, I hope they make both my partners smile! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, life is a mess here. I sent out to Megwell but not yet to @jemimah. Finished today, had a last minute craft disaster, now need to find out how to fix it ( I think it’s fixable). I’m so sorry. But the post office won’t open until Tuesday now, so I’ve got two more days to fix it and throw in some extra extra’s to make up for the delay.

6 Likes

I received my package from @Abbeeroad, and it is SPECTACULAR! :tada: :heart: I am absolutely blown away. Going to go post in the gallery in just a minute!

Thank you all for another delightful swap. This was absolutely what I needed in my life right now. Thank you for being an amazing partner again, Abbee, and thank you, @thanate for organizing this for us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I had a disaster too & had to throw something out & start from scratch. Sometimes wet stuff like paint & glue are just not my friends :pensive:
I’m frustrated but have a plan to recupe my losses. I’ll be ready to send after this holiday weekend.

5 Likes

I received from @thanate! And already used some of the little happy things she sent. I’ll post soon.

3 Likes

@Magpie, I feel you! The garden flag I made for @Lynx turned out the way it did because glue is not my friend. I used just a little bit of Mod Podge to seal the frayed fabric edges, but it didn’t dry clear. :sob::sob::sob: I had to sponge paint on the bird in order to save it. I think it still turned out OK.

3 Likes

Oh dear, that sounds frustrating, but no need to apologise. I’m sure I’ll love anything you make!

3 Likes

I am trying the last thing google could come up with to save my original plan, but I’m assuming that won’t work either. But I have a new plan already and I have all the supplies. It will still be the same thing but slightly different. Maybe I will even like it better than my original plan.

5 Likes

That is a very positive way to look at it! Whatever it is, I hope you have fun making it and no stress with it :cherry_blossom: I know I will love it.

4 Likes

@Whistlefish UPS tells me your package was in Detroit yesterday (that’s close to where I grew up near Windsor. Did you know Detroit is north of Canada? It’s true, look it up on a map! Great swaths of our country are more southern than parts of yours.)
Today the message says “Your package has been released by the government agency.” I hope that doesn’t mean they opened it up and ate all the candy, better not have!

3 Likes

@mel, yours says “out for delivery”, that means it should get there today!

2 Likes

I’ve been to Detroit multiple times and we also joked about going to Canada but we could never land on whether we needed passports or not. Glad it’s getting close!!

@jemimah’s package went through Japan on April 1st (fools day?) and New Zealand tracking estimates the arrival on May 1 to the 30th. How’s that for optimism? I firmly believe it will arrive any day now and the tracking goddess is just out enjoying the spring/fall weather.

3 Likes

I sent you a happy mail that went from NC to Miami, FL and is now in Detroit…guess it went the scenic route! Wanted to get some warm weather before hitting the cold? ha ha

3 Likes

Well, letter rate to NZ is still taking about a month, but sometimes packages make it through faster. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Yes, it look about a month for my MAF to get to NZ and my 4x6 still hasn’t reached Australia. Fingers crossed, indeed.

3 Likes

Perhaps the messenger snail wanted to enjoy the cherry blossoms in Tokyo before heading to the southern hemisphere? :snail: :love_letter:

The mail is so peculiar these days. I ordered something from Amazon US this week (I never normally do that, but it was an item not available via NZ suppliers) and they promise it will arrive in 14 days. We shall see …

2 Likes

I received from @jemimah a lovely little cheery package. I’ll post soon!

4 Likes

Yay! I will let you know as soon as I see your package.

Weirdly, my package from Amazon US arrived yesterday, a whole week earlier than they estimated - I wasn’t expecting that. Most things are slower than usual, but they do turn up!

3 Likes

Congrats! This swap was one of the best of 2021! Yahoo!

3 Likes