COMPLETE: Little Good Things of 2021-- sign ups 3/1-3/14, Send 3/30

Spent Saturday feeling yucky from my 2nd covid shot, but managed to get a bit done on Sunday. At least I know where I am going with my little good things.

7 Likes

Yay vaccination! (Boo feeling yucky.)

2 Likes

Ok, swappers, we are half-way thru our crafting time! :eyes:

In honor of this lovely twitter thread, our check-in question is: What small craft, or small tool/supply purchase, has brought you large amounts of joy in the last year?

3 Likes

My crochet hook. At first it was a chore to convince myself to start my ā€œOperation Use Up Yarnā€ project, but as I use up the yarn and make new things, I am finding joy in it again. (Not enough to buy more yarn, though.)

4 Likes

That Purple Thing. What was I waiting for? Shoulda bought one years ago, itā€™s so great.

4 Likes

Wonder clips!

4 Likes

I finally got one of the tombow tape rollers, and itā€™s definitely convenient for a lot of things.

3 Likes

New scissors and that purple thang. What a clever little purple creature. Iā€™m slowly upgrading my 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 year old sewing stuff.

4 Likes

The craft that has brought me the most joy in the last year is probably baking ā€“ not fancy baking, just homey treats as a weekend (ha!) ritual. At one point I bought some espresso powder, and thatā€™s been a fun ā€œsupplyā€ to play around with in my baking.

4 Likes

I second wonder clips. I donā€™t have a purple thing. Whatā€™s it do? Isnā€™t it just a thing for corners?

3 Likes

My purple thang came with a whole manual from @AIMR! I use it a lot to measure 1/4 inch seams but it can do many things.

Iā€™m not sure what brought me the largest amount of joy last year. Maybe my sock yarn? Iā€™ve been knitting quite a few socks. Or my subscription to CrossStitcher magazine.

2 Likes

oh noā€¦I need to convert you! I am sending you oneā€¦great for stuffing, poking out corners, the flat head is 1/4 inchā€¦the length is 6 inchesā€¦it helps to push your fabric through your sewing machineā€¦I used it today to poke in the centers of yo-yosā€¦oh, you are so getting one!

7 Likes

Ooh, I want a manual. Did you make copies? LOL!

1 Like

Of course I didā€¦it was just a sheet of me ranting and raving of all the ways to use the darn thang ha ha ha

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Youā€™re trying to get me to join your purple thang cult, arenā€™t you? Lol.

3 Likes

I seriously panicked when I misplaced mine so I bought them in bulkā€¦I have them in my kitchen, my desk, my bathroomā€¦yepā€¦a stick was one of the first tools ever and it has made a come back in the way of the purple thang!!!

7 Likes

My beautiful wool felt pincushions from fabricandink. Linked her IG acct instead of her etsy shop, as thereā€™s nothing in her store right now, she sells in batches & sells out fast! Announcements happen on her IG.

I love her work! I have a bunch that I have in use with various wips. I am using the flower pincushion today to celebrate spring.

8 Likes

I forgot to thank you for mine! I use it all the time!

1 Like

See @Whistlefish? The brainwashing has begun! :rofl:

(you are welcomeā€¦I totally forgot everyone I sent one toā€¦lolā€¦but my minions are increasing!) ha ha

6 Likes

And I had just bought my own right before you sent out to a bunch of us quilty galsā€¦only mine doesnā€™t have the aimr instruction manual. Also,I still havenā€™t really used it. Bah.

2 Likes