COMPLETED: Fabric Art Journal Page Swap Nov. 2020

I sent in my questionnaire! I was worried I didn’t have enough supplies, blah blah blah, but there is a month to figure it out so I am in!

2 Likes

A month to buy extra stuff that you may not use. Perfect fall activity! My favorite.

2 Likes

LOL! Exactly. Two years ago I finally cleared out the spare room and made it proper guest room. I allow myself (2) large file cabinet drawers for craft supplies and I have a small wooden chest where I keep yarn.

It’s really hard because I can’t just wander in there and pull out an embroidery hoop, but at the same time - it’s a really lovely room instead of dark storage unit like it was for 8 years!

My sister is loaning me a hoop and I’ve been getting floss and fabric and bobbles together, but I want to wait to see what my partner likes before I head to Michaels. Can’t wait to get started!

1 Like

I will get partner info out tonight.
Have fun at the virtual Halloween party.

3 Likes

I have been so busy elsewhere in my days that I completely spaced that we were at partners. :heart:

1 Like

I felt very inspired today and got quite a bit done on my pages. I am trying a bunch of different stuff and most of it is turning out really well! I did buy a string of glass beads, but otherwise I am trying to be creative with stuff I have or can swap with my sister for.

I also found a free crochet pattern on her Pinterest that I LOVE. Woot! I’m already thinking of all the things I can make with it. Good Saturday.

2 Likes

I am in the planning stage but since my partner and I are swapping 2 pages, I am re-designing my idea to go across two pages…I think it will work!

2 Likes

Haven’t even started stalking, but now that October is over and as soon as I de-haunt the house, I will start the stall.

I think today is for packing up halloween decorations & tomorrow will include stalking!

Same, no worries. I had to get through Halloween before I could even think about this. Now it’s full speed ahead! :laughing:

1 Like

Hope everyone is doing well. I’m looking forward to Wednesday - Veterans’ Day - school is closed.
So I will have some sewing time and searching thru my stash.

How’s everyone else doing?

1 Like

Not dead, but I definitely need to put some earplugs next to the embroidery machine!!

I’ve been mostly working on Secret Santa swap things, but I have Plans for this swap. :grin:

I lied. My girls turned 3 last weekend, so NOW I can focus on this swap lol!

3 Likes

I finished my pages yesterday! I had some ideas of more stuff to add, but I liked them so much and didn’t want to ruin them by throwing all my ideas onto a small square of fabric.

I hope to mail today, depending on my work schedule which I’m not ready to look at yet.

1 Like

I settled on an idea yesterday and made the first sketches. Still thinking on how to actually put it all together, but it will come together somehow.

1 Like

OK, I just made a mess in the craft room looking for the right color of ____________. The fun has begun.

1 Like

Hahaha! Sounds right. I just started putting ideas together today…think I have a (loose) plan…

I finished last night. Whew. I have a baby quilt, ornaments, and lots of masks to make so finishing this was good. I still want to look at it for a while, I think it needs something, but maybe not.

Awesome! I’m still looking at my base, trying to formulate my next step…