COMPLETED - Make a Pouch + Fill It Swap - Send Outs 5/25/2022

You could pm some of the big fabric peeps to see if they know? I feel like the like the quilt along peeps might collectively know every fabric ever haha

2 Likes

Check out spoonflower too. If it’s not there, you can pront your own! Kind of awesome

3 Likes

You can message a picture to me. I’ll check my stash.

2 Likes

Thank you, @AntBee, @Magpie, and @MightyMitochondria for those suggestions, they’re very helpful considering that I’m often on the hunt for just the right fabric!
I think I’ve come up with a good alternative fabric for this project, but I am going to try a few of the suggested avenues to see if I can find the original fabric I was picturing.

2 Likes

My week at work has been absolutely insane, and tonight I was just said out loud, “OMG DID I MISS THE SWAP DEADLINE?!?!” I fully came on here to fess up and repent, then just did a happy dance at the extended deadline.

It’s like @Kwality570 could read my mind! :rofl:

4 Likes

:angry: At this point I’ve stitched up 3 pouches, none of which I like very much. How frustrating!

I’ll try again this weekend. My next idea better work out or I don’t know what I’ll do.

2 Likes

I am still trying to decide on two different pouch patterns. I’m having better luck with the fillers. I’m having fun selecting the little bits and pieces!

1 Like

Yes! The little bits are fast becoming a favorite part!

1 Like

I am so thankful for the extension. I caught a bad cold and it has knocked me out all week! Everyone is recovering now. Hoping to be back to it next week.

3 Likes

Well, I’ve done basically nothing this week. At least I’m not the only one, I was starting to feel pretty bad about the sloooooooooow progress!

2 Likes

I’m having fun thinking of filler items for my pouch. :slight_smile: I’m glad I set the extension. It sounded like everyone needed it. Make sure that you stay on top of your packages though! We don’t want any late senders or flakers, to be sure!!!

@jillybeans I hope you start feeling better!!!

2 Likes

I ran out of thread! :rofl:Oh well, i need to pick up cat food too, so tomorrow (saturday) is errands - cat food, thread, groceries, gas up the car (ouch $$$), car wash, and breakfast to go from my favorite cafe. Then home for sewing & cleaning! I have all weekend for crafting. It might be sunny but I got my fill last weekend (I don’t like a lot of sun!) and am looking forward to a Sunday where I do not have to get out of my pajamas.

2 Likes

I’ve now made 5 pouches, none of which I love, this is getting pretty frustrating. I have 2 more patterns to try, then I’m going to give up & send them ALL. You can choose a fave & give the rest away @MightyMitochondria, lol.

4 Likes

Oh my goodnees, you are the best. I bet i will love them all.

You are like me…I like trying ALL the pouch patterns and various zipper insertions. Right now, my favorite is this one…the seams are inside and it is one piece…but you do have to be precise in leaving two stitches undone in the corners…I have made tons of them!

1 Like

It’s a good looking pouch but it has an element I absolutely hate doing. At 6:00 2 seamed edges are joined, I really, REALLY dislike sewing like that. Accuracy is difficult, it bugs me so much that the seamed edges are sandwiched together & visible, like the lining shows a bit there.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d be thrilled to receive a cute little pouch like that & would very happily use it all the time. But I would not be happy to sew it myself. I want all the seams sewn right sides together, inside out. I’m going to give myself this peeve because I “cheat” at almost everything else but this one just irks me to do. Whatever, crafters are weird, lol.

1 Like

lol…I get it…I have pouches that I make for non-sewers, like my sister, who is oblivious to the “details”…I still see all of the weirdness, but, I enjoy the experimenting with different techniques and speedy construction…yeah, that is exactly what I was talking about being accurate at the joined corners…if you ever find one that you love, you better share! lol

2 Likes

I love noodlehead’s open wide pouch, it’s such a great pattern. It’s simple though, I wanted to try something different this time. There are so many great looking tutorials out there now. Great “looking”. I’m kicking myself, lol.

1 Like

Yes, that is a favorite of mine as well! Here is one of the ones I made using the tutorial I mentioned…didn’t post it except on the 50 projects list because…well, not anything to write home about! lol

6 Likes

Gorgeous fabrics though, & well cut! I’d post that with a pattern link, someone here is sure to love it & want to try.

2 Likes