COMPLETED - Positive Affirmations swap

We have a sender! We have a gallery :).

5 Likes

Just over a week until send outs, how’s everybody doing? Have you got an affirmation you especially like for helping get you through the work week or other challenging times? Sometimes I hear Dori singing “just keep swimming”, or “Calm blue ocean” from Ms Hoover on the Simpsons, lol. Mostly I just tell myself to breathe or that the only way out is through. That last one is actually my favourite of all time.

I tried a different idea after the last one didn’t work out quite how I’d planned. This time I’m loving it, I want to keep it myself which I consider a pretty good sign! A little detail to finish & a visit to a very special shop for the treat. Hoping to send out tomorrow & that the mail to NZ is speedy & reliable!

1 Like

I have one item complete but thinking of revisiting it because it feels like it needs to be kicked up a notch. I have a plan for my 2nd item and am planning to spend my time on it on Sunday (Saturday is college football tailgating & game - GO HOKIES!), hoping to possibly be ready to send by Monday.

1 Like

I have a plan… I started a while ago, just need to finish. Life has been throwing me some curve balls and I’m very thankful I had a plan before things got “real” :disappointed: No special affirmation at the moment, but I’m giving myself all the permissions to do nothing unless I feel like it. Also thankful this is a low pressure swap :heart: I should be finishing and sending just in time

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, Rein; VERY thankful this is low pressure, bec I didn’t have as much time (or energy) as I had planned, so I had to go very simple. I did keep positive vibes in mind for my partner, so hopefully she will feel those.
Also, I had a pre-deadline deadline, which was today, since I go on vacation for 2 weeks tomorrow.

@Magpie and @Cyn-energy
My pkg got popped in the mail this afternoon, just before the PO closed.
I messaged you both with the tracking #

2 Likes

I had some free time today and I felt focused enough to put some serious work into what I’m making :slight_smile: It went through a small last minute design change followed by a few smaller changes :wink: and I’m really happy with how it’s coming together! Not done yet, but I think I can see the finish line!

2 Likes

This week has been chaotic for me. School and work are driving me batty. I sent my package a few days ago and since my partner and I are so close, she received which makes me happy.

4 Likes

Earlier this week I took a trip to the post office so I could ask about sending to NZ and they told me there were no reported issues. Imagine my surprise when I mailed @jemimah’s package yesterday and the clerk could only find one option; surface. That means shipping may take up to 3 months. I sure hope the fancy chocolate in that package survives the trip!

So I will be crafting another flat item to mail off inside a card in the hope that it will arrive a bit quicker because omg we will never be able to close this swap if we have to wait 3 months! She wanted 2 partners anyhow, this way she’ll still get the same amount of packages. Eventually. LOL.

Also, @Kwality570 and I are going to officially swap since she missed out on her 2nd partner when USPS stopped delivering to NZ. We have plans for each other and will be able to meet the deadline.

7 Likes

All you lovely people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: everybody has sent except 1 last minute pairing & an international package that’s hit a bit of a snag. I’m going to extend our sending deadline to Monday Oct 18th to accomodate these little wrinkles. Keep watching the gallery, it’s already filling up with fabulousness & happy, sunny, positive light :sunny:

7 Likes

Thank you Magpie!

Yes, we are having a few technical difficulties here - we’re not in the highest level lockdown, so the post office is open … but not taking parcels until level 2! I will be able to get a flat item mailed as a letter though, so we will get there :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow, everybody’s sent and mostly received already! We’re waiting on @kayrun to confirm she’s received, then it’s @Kwality570 and I and last, and maybe not for a long while, @jemimah and I have 2 parcels each that are having a race to-and-from Canada-New Zealand. What an adventure, lol!

4 Likes

Yep, I’m away from home but will be back to check mail Friday.
Feel free to send me an email to jog my memory, as jet lag might do a number on my brain :brain:
Cc: @Cyn-energy

Today I was at a doctor’s office that was playing 5 of the most cheesy, cringe-worthy (in my perspective, which is merely an interesting point of view) '80s love songs on repeat…and I was actually getting physically irritated and tense over it! So there I was, amidst all the much-more-pressing concerns and problems facing individuals and the world, running positive affirmations to deal with songs I find painfully bad. :sweat_smile:

Gotta start where you are, and no stress or judgmental thought process is too puny or petty to benefit from affirmations. I still prefer not to hear those songs, but they stopped grating on my ears and soul when I introduced a different line of thought. Oh, and now I’m finding gratitude for the songs that didn’t play in that rotation!

4 Likes

What a great way to deal w irritating circumstances! Must remember this.

1 Like

I got Rick-rolled by a Sirius Pop station I was listening to last week, and have been a bit wary ever since… Must remember to appreciate all the other music that I enjoyed on that station!!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Interested in another round?

1 Like

Hey folks, if you were looking for another opportunity to craft some of the lovely positive affirmational quotes you pinned for this swap, there’s a “Quote Me on That” swap going on right now. Sign ups closing soon, get in there!

2 Likes

Anybody for round 3?

1 Like

2023 Positive Affirmations sign ups are live!