COMPLETED - TM Patch Swap- Winter 2022 (SO March 7, 2022)

I completed one patch and nearly ruined the second. I’m trying a new technique to salvage it. Cross your fingers.

3 Likes

Whoops, I realized I was out of a pretty crucial material. I’ve got more coming on Monday though!

3 Likes

Three done and I need one more idea.

2 Likes

I am done with the hardest part so I should be able to breeze through the rest of them today and tomorrow

3 Likes

Ugh I’ve been sick (not covid) the last couple of days. May need a slight extension. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that I had Progress Reports due right after break, plus another commitment that got pushed to this week, and was double what I expected.

I’m still hoping to finish in time, but I can bump it out a week to March 7th, if you all would like.

3 Likes

Please! And thank you!

3 Likes

The send date has been updated! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really over-did one of my patches ( went back to one that was already done and embellished it). But the patch just felt kind of personal and special to me, so I went for it.

My patches for @JoyfulClover are ready to mail, and only need to finish the last patch for @EriChanHime. So… getting closer!

5 Likes

I’m working on my last patch. Wheee

5 Likes

So intriguing, @endymion!

The major parts of 2 are done, I’m very pleased with them. The techique I’m using for the other 2…I dunno. I might get x and try to make them with x instead. Now that I have a bit of runway to change course, I might just try it!

3 Likes

Oof this has been a stressful week and I’ve been way behind, but at least I made a lot of progress today! I’ve sewn together and edged all four of my patches, which is great because I can embellish at my desk during zoom calls and other things I have coming up throughout the week as well as in my free time. Excited with my ideas and bases for the patches!

3 Likes

You know how you volunteer for things, join swaps, have a life, all seemingly doable things, and then it all gets muddled up and all become due at the same time? Work is intense, the website I colunteered to build is 2 months behind (not my doing, but the organizers were late), and two swaps. All due around the same time. I got it, but my brain hurts.
And my patches are done! One down.

4 Likes

This is what happens to me every single time I sign up for a swap. Then, I become overwhelmed with how much I have to do, and therefore, I procrastinate, so I’m down to the wire with everything. It’s a cycle I just can’t break!

3 Likes

Often, but not always, my creativity comes out when I have a deadline crunch…so I find myself creating deadline crunches by procrastinating. I think many creative people are like this, they need a sense of urgency to get the creative muse working.

3 Likes

Truth. the time-crunch stops the paralysis and you just make decisions, troubleshooting as you go. YAS.

@marionberries - Also, the crystal on the metal butterfly [from the assemblage swap you made] was throwing rainbows this morning. I choose to take it as a sign of good things.

4 Likes

I’m done, just have take pics and package. Somehow that always takes way more time than I think. I really had fun making these patches.

1 Like

Well, I was completely done and ready to send on the original SO date. But then with the extension, I decided I needed to re-do one of them. Why, I don’t know. But now the re-do is less satisfying than the first version. Grrr! So I’ll either re-do it again or just send out the original.

3 Likes

This, my friend, is quite the conundrum. And is my current situation with the inchie block swap. So many variations. I like the x from one, and x from the other. But the 2 cannot mix!

I’m quite please with my [almost] finished patches, though.

2 Likes

This was a challenging week! The kids were nuts at school after having last week off. I got home between 6 & 7 pm 3 nights. I was wiped out by Wednesday. I was ready for bed at 7:30 on Wednesday night! I’m still hoping to send on time…

2 Likes