Completed UFO - finally!

WOWZERS! So pretty and very vintage/antique looking.

2 Likes

This came out really nice! I like the additional design element provided by the hand stitching. I also like how you used different thread colors.

1 Like

I love this SO MUCH! The colours, the pattern, the semi-randomness, the hand-stitching, the mismatched buttons that somehow all go together… all of it!

1 Like

Thank you. It was actually a variegated embroidery floss. Gives the appearance of multiples when it was only one colorway.

2 Likes

Thank you. There was definitely some randomness in the construction. My only planning was trying to not match up the fabrics too much. I love the look of a crazy quilt, but have not attempted one yet. The buttons are from a batch of mixed ones collected over the years, plus some that my mom had. I love buttons.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t like to throw away perfectly good stuff. I knit and crochet, too. So I make scrappy blankets from the bits left from those projects.

This is gorgeous! It must be so satisfying to complete this!

Very impressive!

Yes. This morning I was scoping out my next halfway done project. Looks like a couple of chairs that are waiting to be recovered.

Oh, thank you so much.

Love the color combo and delicate hand stitches. Looks so soft.

It is. And very thick and heavy. I had a quilted mattress pad with elastic that had failed, so I cut all the elastic off and used the remaining pad material as my batting.

1 Like

Super cool! I can’t believe it’s all hand-sewn! It would take me at least 20 years. :slight_smile:

The stitching - beautiful stitching! Love your choice of pattern, fabrics and that stitching!

I would go in spurts of time where I accomplished a bunch of the piecing/stitching, then it would sit for long periods. Staying at home has freed me to focus on my projects and get them completed.

1 Like

Thank you. Not much planning went into it. I just kind of decided what to do at each step.

1 Like