Crochet-along

I too am a bit behind as I have been concentrating on the tunic for my sister’s birthday in April. I don’t think I posted recently before I stopped, so I think there will still be some progress. Thanks for the kick, I mean reminder!

3 Likes

I’m half way …

13 Likes

Well, I actually went inside the craft shop yesterday, and they didn’t have any sock yarns that I liked. So I suppose I’m stuck finishing this project first :laughing:

It’s the Nostalgia 2018 CAL from the Dutch website Haakplein (but it’s available in English as well) and I just started strip 4 out of 5. They’re actually doing a Nostalgia 2.0 CAL this year, but I didn’t feel I could even think of making that before this one is finished. I’m actually not even sure what I’m going to do with this afghan when it’s finished. Whether or not I start the 2.0 may also depend on how much yarn I have leftover from Nostalgia 2018.

9 Likes

Well, I used my new crochet hooks (Clover Amour) and my old ones are in storage. My new crochet hooks are so comfortable that my tension was all off, and I had crocheted 50 rows before I found that out. So I frogged it again and will start over today. We’re visiting family today so I’ll be able to crochet on the train. This is why I’m still working on a CAL from 2018 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Bummer, that’s a lot of work to frog.

1 Like

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

HEY EV-ERY-BODY! It’s time to vote in the Spring Is In The Air Challenge! Get on over there before the poll closes on March 27, 2023!

2 Likes

Another basket…officially obsessed. And another is started. If I start buying yarn for more, stop me, this is a stash buster project

6 Likes

lol I had to stop myself from buying more yarn for a couple of my supposed “stash busters”…DON’T DO IT!

Love the baskets…I am working on my fingering weight and sock weight yarns now…I do, however, have enough chunky acrylic to make maybe two more baskets when my hands feel up to it! ha ha they are addicting!

3 Likes

This is definitely not a stashbuster. Possibly a scrap-buster, but it was fun and quick to make.

9 Likes

The color and stitch are lovely. A little bit of goodness.

2 Likes

I finished my destash blanket BUT, I ran out of yarn before making it a decent width, so I had to order more yarn. At least it is for a project and not for my stash…while I wait for the yarn, I am going to work on finishing my Attic24 blanket and see about getting started on joining my flowers for the Cantona Shawl.

6 Likes

I took that stupid giant olive to work in my bag today. I know I started it over a year ago & I planned on 3 but I will settle for 1 so long as it actually gets done. I refuse to give up!

6 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

2 Likes

:alarm_clock: :fly: :fly: :fly: TIME FLIES WHEN YOU’RE MAKING THINGS :yarn: :scroll: :sewing_needle: :art: :birthday:

We’ve just over a day and a half until the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge closes! I just know some of you have hooked some magic projects that you have not given their own topic. Please share with us before Midnight on April 19 2023, US Pacific Time.

PeekChallengeApril2023

3 Likes

OK–I have my yarn to finish two blankets…and yet, I now want to make a different one…I am not going to order yarn until I finish at least one of the other ones!

6 Likes

I dropped all that “moth proof” yarn off at the thrift shop today and instead started making a roll-upable dish scrubby for this trip to do an airport pick up we’re on now.

Dear friends, I coud probably use your gentle encouragement to finish this project…

8 Likes

I’m looking for my yarn whip, it will gently encourage you

4 Likes

I made it this far!

Actually, I’m not sure when I’m supposed to stop. I gotta watch the video to the end for a change, ha!

10 Likes

Done the first one! Like a fuzzy donut.

I think I’ll make the next one a bit longer.

OMG, I just finished it one minute ago & the children are already complaining about it not being good for washing dishes. These kids!

8 Likes

I’ve made them different lengths with ok result. I test rolled it to see if I was happy with the size, or just stopped when I was nearly out of my yarn.

2 Likes