Crochet-along

Here’s the new cable pattern. Five 6-strand cables and five pairs of 2-strand cables. It’s going back together well.

9 Likes

That looks interesting, I will have to try that. I have big hands and fattish fingers,

Any suggestions re size?

1 Like

The first knuckle on my index finger measured around 2 inches/5 centimeters and a size 6 “ring” is just a hair too big. I’m going to try a 5 because I’d like it to sit up higher on my finger instead of sliding down toward the next knuckle.

Not sure if US ring sizes are the same as anywhere else.

1 Like

Thank you sweetie, that is really helpful

1 Like

Oh, I am sorry for not sending you a link, but it looks like you got something that works! I also did not opt for jewelry looking ones…plus, they were heavier than I like on my fingers!

2 Likes

As I was weaving in ends last night (I have learnt my lesson, I don’t need 365 days x 2 colours per day x 2 ends per colour to weave after a 12-mth project), I noticed a missed a stitch at the end of a row, probably about a week in… so now I have an edge bump and I think I have to fix it now before its too late and I can’t frog it or I will hate it everytime I look at the blanket.

It is was in the middle I’d be fine, but arghhh. :unamused:

1 Like

Is it something a border can mask?

3 Likes

I’ll take a photo when I have some good light. I have thought about it, but wasn’t sure if it would work.

Edit to add photos

When I ‘straighten’ to convince myself it’s fine

When I pull the piece into it’s proper shape

3 Likes

I vote for the short stitch, long stitch border method and just move on. Unless you secretly want to frog it back for other reasons, in which case this may be the universe’s way of encouraging you to live your truth.

If it will annoy you for life, though, frogging might be the answer. You don’t want to hate something you worked so long on and plan to marry.

4 Likes

I have fixed many a “bumpy” edge because I suck at remembering what to do at the ends and beginnings…a border covers up my mistakes and also covers my ends so I don’t have to weave them in.

I sure wouldn’t frog that…

6 Likes

Thanks cheer squad! I really don’t want to frog it, so I will check my count and get my bumpy edge back to ‘correct’.

Hopefully, with time I will be able to overlook the flaws in my life-blanket. :laughing:

4 Likes

When I made my Harbour Blanket last month, I know I made at least 20 mistakes. The blanket is folded over a lounging chair…I have tried to find those mistakes and really have to look so closely and “remember” where they are, so I am sure anyone else would not even notice…I have almost already forgotten them…I love the blanket…mistakes and all!

7 Likes

I finished my hat! I frogged it back to the brim, then restarted with my own cable layout. I made it 2 rows shorter overall, and it fits so much getter now!

If anyone is curious, I was making the Teen/Adult Small size, which has 75 stitches to work with, so I did the following pattern: hdc, 6 strand cable, 2 hdc, two strand cable, hdc, two strand cable, hdc, repeated around. I did have to adjust the crown shaping just a bit to get my new layout to work, but it was a difference of about 2-3 stitches per round, and it looks great up close.

And now I’m working on a cowl to go with it. For this I did the same exact pattern repeat, but to make it a little wider, I started with 105 foundation hdc stitches. I think it’s going to be nice and cozy when it’s done.

12 Likes

I found a picture of a free form hat I made in 2011 that was a combo of knitting, crochet, felting, and weaving…I truly must have been in the moment because I have no idea how I did it…I miss those “go with the flow” moments…

Maybe I will just take a bunch of yarn and see what happens…

hat

11 Likes

Completed Part 3 of the Attic24 crcohetalong…I was mostly sick and couldn’t really concentrate on other crafts, so this was my main focus…

The colors are a bit odd, but next to most of my other blankets, it will fit right in! :laughing:

11 Likes

Three weeks of snake. Yesterday we have -16C so I got to use another color! Im hoping for both -20C and -25C so I can use my other two cold colors! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

lol You might be the only person who wants colder weather! I am just loving your snake!

4 Likes

@AIMR i think your colours are great!

@skrutt I had to laugh when I read you wanted colder temperatures :smiley: Explain that to your friends - it needs to get cold for my snake :rofl:

6 Likes

My blanket is all over the place - our summer weather has been so strange!

11 Likes

I still have 7 colors to finish for this week but it’s growing!

13 Likes