Crochet-along

Great colours!

1 Like

I’m watching season 2 of Next in Fashion, one of the contestants is wearing this jacket …

8 Likes

Oh, I am… I don’t know. Not a fan of this thing.

1 Like

It’s certainly… unique. And colorful. Lol

3 Likes

But that dude is certainly crochet proud!!!
:laughing:

4 Likes

Most high fashion is meant to be outrageous and over the top to evoke a response and to simply give ideas. While I also would not wear that particular jacket, there are some interesting details or single pieces that could work for everyday people. I love the starfish motif. Fringe on pockets or a hem might be workable as well.

I have been looking at a lot of “no pattern” type of clothing as well. There is some sort of satisfaction to getting back to the basics of just cutting and shaping to make a garment.

3 Likes

I just found this thread, as if I needed another craft along. :crazy_face:
I’ve been stash busting and using up my tub of random, mostly wool yarn. Skeins, partials, balls, unknowns, various weights, etc. I single crochet. That’s the extent of my skills. Soft frisbees, catnip balls.
I decided to crochet up some baskets.

We are getting another pregnant mama cat to foster, so I made up another kitten bed. The sides were folded and stitched down for sturdiness.

And a WIP.

12 Likes

I’m not much of a cat person, but I love kittens. They are a lot like puppies. Mischievous, silly, and playful. I have fostered bottle baby kittens in the past. They love a snuggle basket.

2 Likes

I decided to pick up an old project, a CAL that’s been a WIP since 2018. I had to flip through all the files to figure out where I was, and it seems like I was able to stick to the pattern for a long time, but at some point I lost track of the right order of the files (probably because I crocheted a lot on public transit back then and confused some files on my phone) and the last bit is all wrong and needs to be frogged. I could leave it like it is but then I can’t crochet them all together without it looking wonky.

3 Likes

I feel your pain! I learned a long time ago to attach a hook size marker to my projects as well as mark where I am on a pattern. I have lots of blankets that are not really a set pattern, so I have also included the stitches I used and other notes.

At least you caught it before it was finished!

2 Likes

I’ve finished frogging now, and then decided to join the last finished strip to the rest of the throw, before starting the next strip. But aarghh, now I remember why I gave up on that last time :laughing: I have to single crochet around the side of both pieces of crochet, but there’s so much counting! 13 single crochet stitches in the space between row 1 and 7, and in between row 7 and 8, 13 single crochet stitches between row 8 and 14, one in the middle of row 15 etc etc. Who has time for that?! I wish they had mentioned that earlier so I could have put in stitch markers earlier, but they only mention it at the end.

I don’t have stitch markets with me here so maybe that’s a sign I should just start the next strip instead…

2 Likes

Or go buy sock yarn.
:open_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::yarn:

3 Likes

That little cartoon angel on my shoulder told me I should finish my other WIP before buying more sock yarn! But every minute that goes by, I’m more and more tempted by that little cartoon devil whispering in my other ear, and I just happen to pass by the yarn shop tomorrow…

3 Likes

You are living vicariously through @Immaculata:laughing:

4 Likes

You are all so funny! “Go buy sock yarn!”
I’ve made stitch markers out of yarn before. Just do a simple loop with a short length of a different colored yarn. Or “Go buy sock yarn!”

Anyway, I finished another basket, and the bin of random wool/unknown is diminishing. I’m down to mostly neutrals. The next one is going to be grays.

13 Likes

Great basket! Aren’t they handiest things? I have a few more skeins of chunky yarn that I need to destash as well…and then, the daunting task of all the fingering weight yarns…I am attracted to the colors so I buy without a project in mind…NO MORE! (I say sheepishly and without conviction!)

2 Likes

@skrutt and @mellybelly81 … I think you should post progress shots of your temperature projects :smiley:

5 Likes

Uhm, I dont know if I dare to share! :sweat_smile: Im almost two month behind now. January went fine, but feb and march… I have the temperatures though. Just need to sit down some day and crochet some.

This weekend Im busy, but I will do some crochet soon and show a pic! :smiley: Thanks for asking @Cindy !

4 Likes

That’s actually a great idea! I’ll try that tomorrow by daylight. It’s quite difficult to see, it’s all white and I used a fine yarn.

1 Like

I too am a bit behind as I have been concentrating on the tunic for my sister’s birthday in April. I don’t think I posted recently before I stopped, so I think there will still be some progress. Thanks for the kick, I mean reminder!

3 Likes