Crochet-along

It looks very nice!

2 Likes

I love both of those random colorways!

2 Likes

Snake is up to date! :smiley:

18 Likes

I definitely think a snake would be a fun way to track the temperatures…looking good!

4 Likes

I’m not sure what I was expecting when you mentioned making a temperature snake but it’s super cool already! Looking forward to seeing it at the end of the year.

4 Likes

The basket crochetatgon has ended. 14 baskets made and lots of random yarn used up.
See the post

6 Likes

I finished my leftovers corner to corner crochet blankie. Its about 4 x 4 feet wide. You can even see where, even though they are supposed to be the same color, the 2 skeins of charcoal are different.

9 Likes

It looks fine…and they look like the colors of my alma mater, Boilermakers! Old gold and black!

3 Likes

Very nice! I like how clean and modern it is.

1 Like

Working on a tiny chinese dragon, from a pattern I bought on etsy. Working in a sockyarn, and a 1,75 mm hook. Didnt think it would be this small! :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

My small dragon is soon finished. I just need to sew the parts together now.

But in the meantime I have made a small granny square blanket. For one of my stuffies, but a blanket non the less :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I love little crochet!! Did you join the squares with crochet as well? I like the neat rows!

1 Like

Yes I did. I used plain single crochet. So it has a front and a back. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My niece has begged me to make her a crochet Wednesday doll. I made her sister a crochet Bernie so I feel I need to honor this request since she never asks me for anything handmade!

The instructions I got are in English but they are from a designer in Turkey. The translation is quite awful with her mixing knitting and crocheting terms, but I can pretty much figure it out from the pictures.

Here is my question, though…she uses a baby cotton yarn and breaks it into three strands to make tiny fingers. Can anyone recommend such a yarn? I have no idea where to begin.

The hook sizes are small…1.25mm and 2.00 mm.

@skrutt…I noticed that many of your amis are very small…what yarn do you use?

3 Likes

I’d probably use something like KnitPicks curio cotton or another 3 strand crochet cotton instead of splitting a thicker yarn.

2 Likes

I use a baby yarn (called Tilda and I dont know if that is avalible outside of Sweden), 50% cotton 50% acrylic. I have also used 8/4 cotton yarn, with a 2,5 or 2 mm hook.

But the good thing with amis is that you dont need to use the recommended yarn, you can use whatever you have. The size will be different, but if you want to use something you are more familiar with that should work just fine.
So pick a yarn you like and use a smaller hook. One or two sizes down from the recommended.

3 Likes

I rarely make amis so most of my yarns are for socks or scarves…I don’t really have any solids. I googled the Turkish yarn she used…it was available on Amazon so I bought it.

2 Likes

You can use that too! Im using a sock yarn at the moment trying to make a wyvern. Very colorful! :smiley:

But its good that you find the yarn she used. Im looking forward to see your Wednesday later on!

1 Like

This is a doll with just three colors…skin color, black, and white. If it were an animal, I would use more colorful yarn. This is what I am making:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1375907412/wesnesday-addams-engilish-pdf?ref=yr_purchases

2 Likes

@AIMR this made me think of you for some reason:

Not sure why, but it wanted me to pop it here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes