Crochet-along

My hands/arms have been bugging me so just starting week 4, not sure if I’ll be able to keep pace for the rest of the CAL but loving how it’s coming out.

12 Likes

Again, I’m liking that one ‘odd’ green

3 Likes

I have 3 colors left for this week but my blanket is getting so big!

How is everyone else’s crochet going?

14 Likes

I am waiting for my yarn from Wool Warehouse, so until then, I will be working on my blanket…hope to have it done so I can figure out if I will need more yarn for the edging…I hope not! lol

2 Likes

It’s so soft & pretty, really nice Jenn.

2 Likes

Her edges are so straight! I need the edging to cover up my wonky ends…I zone out and never seem to get them even!

3 Likes

I think she said you’ll need 20g for each of the border colors. I’m planning to finish the planned stripes the add another stripe of all of the non-border colors to make it a bit longer before adding the border.

What project are you getting yarn from Woolwarehouse for?

2 Likes

That’s definitely me, too.

1 Like

I don’t have a pic, but I’m working on another Tunisian crochet dishcloth. This one has a lot of alternating stitches, to help me practice them. So far my purls look great, but my knits look too loose, and my simple stitches look normal?

2 Likes

Baby is sleeping, so I had a minute to grab a pic. There’s a distinct pattern forming!

8 Likes

Looking good! It sure looks like knitting…especially the “garter” stitches!

@photojenn … it’s for my shawl…I need a lot of neutral to join all those flowers…I have lots of colors, but nothing that works well with all of the flowers…

2 Likes

I need to get a recent pic of my blanket, but this is my sister’s Christmas/birthday/whenever I finish it tunic.

(I had a little meltdown that I had completely misunderstood the pattern and almost frogged a few hours of work, before being calmed down by @Tea and @Cindy that I had in fact been doing it right).

I am really liking the pattern that is coming out, just keeping the stitch count correct over a long count is keeping me on my toes… I think I need to stop being lazy and use my stitch markers.

9 Likes

So glad you had some help from @tea and @cindy! It is looking very lovely…the color is very nice!

3 Likes

I’m so curious to see how this tunic comes out! I’d love to make one for myself later.

2 Likes

You can definitely see the pattern now. I hate how slow I’m progressing, but it’s nice doing something new.

8 Likes

She sure has some gorgeous shawls! I haven’t done Tunisian in a few years…might be time to dust off the hooks!

2 Likes

I am also looking for lightweight yarns and patterns to use them since we get so little cold weather here as well. I sometimes wear them in restaurants since they seem to keep the air conditioning so cold for the tourists! ha ha

@Sleepless-Ghost just posted a very lovely and airy triangle shawl that I have put on my list. Silk and thin acrylic yarns are also on my list once I destash my heavier yarns for charity hats and scarves! (which I send back up North to be used!)

4 Likes

Finally finished the never ending Tunisian dish cloth. It’s wonky, but it’s done. And done is beautiful.

13 Likes

Three color Tunisian technique is actually faster and easier than using a single color. :exploding_head:

13 Likes

Sometimes I’m not sure if I should post here or the snapshot thread, today I’ll go here …

I’m using sock weight to make a scarf, it’s supposed to be 14” x 6’ but I don’t think I’m going that long. My tension in the open weave section (rows 3-28) is much tighter than the rest, I didn’t realize I was doing my chain stitches so tight, by the time I did notice, I couldn’t bear frogging 30 rows. I stretched it for this photo, it’s more noticeable in real life.

The last 30 rows match the first part, the remainder is like the orange and green at the top. Maybe I’ll just be sure to crochet tighter on that section so they match more.

11 Likes