LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

Hi @Cyn-energy! Excited to see what you decide on. How did you like the Lost Souls pattern? Yours is just beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you! :thought_balloon: I really should figure out / try blocking again one of these days

The Lost Souls pattern was pretty straightforward, which was nice, and once you got into the rhythm of it it worked up pretty quickly, as I recall. Iā€™m always happy to pay to get a well written and tested pattern! Iā€™m not super intuitive in my crochet skills, so sometimes if something isnā€™t particularly spelled out I may do it wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. That particular shawl has been on my list for a long while, and it is good to know that it is doable.

3 Likes

Oh, and BONUS! That particular one is free, so thatā€™s nice :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well my stash has been taking over coughs most of my houseā€¦ ahem I mean just a small basket in my family room :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Lapping Waves Shawl
This the the pattern Iā€™m following and I must say it is quite easy with only 2 repeating rows! Iā€™m using a mandala tweed stripes in White Elephant

Hereā€™s hoping I can make it with only what I have on hand!

5 Likes

That looks like a great stash busting pattern to use!

3 Likes

Ooh that lapping waves pattern :heart_eyes:

I started a thingā€¦ So far a pretty boring thing. It will eventually be the Falling Blossoms shawl.

I really wanted to do that Foragerā€™s one that is in the top 20, but it is from a UK print magazine and I couldnā€™t figure out any way to get it without spending about $20++ to get a hard copy of the magazine from overseas. sigh Pass.

6 Likes

Andā€¦ I was just looking desperately longingly at that Foragerā€™s Shawl again and somehow managed to (this time) track down how to buy the single issue digitally!

:thought_balloon:I may have two WIPā€™s here in a minute, muahahahaha

3 Likes

everyoneā€™s stuff looks so good!

@Cyn-energy i wanna eat that cake of yarn with a spoon! :yum:

i am envious @sheepblue that you finished your skull shawl so fast. great job! i am still working on mine but youā€™ve inspired me to take it back up again. i have no less than four wipā€™s within reach right now. heck, whatā€™s one more scarf/shawl/afghan in the works?!

4 Likes

Been working away all week (I think Iā€™m a slower-than-average crocheter) and finally finished my falling blossoms. I did extra repeats of the 2nd and 3rd sections because I wanted to use up most of the cake, which I did. Iā€™ll post it here shortly!

3 Likes

Do we post in this thread or in the finished objects gallery?

2 Likes

Post in this thread. As a craftalong there is no separate gallery :slight_smile: Be sure to use the challenge entry formatting at the top of the thread so @MistressJennie can add you to the list.

3 Likes

Needs blocking, but here it is! I did modify the pattern by adding repeats and changing the finishing edge a bit. Notes are on my Ravelry (cabaute) if needed.

Crochet Shawl-Along Challenge Entry: Cry Baby Falling Blossoms
Pattern Used: Falling Blossoms Shawl
Yarn Used: Wolltraum My Melodyy in Cry Baby

14 Likes

That turned out beautifully! And the yarn color is spot on perfect for that. Awesome job!

3 Likes

Your shawl is gorgeous!! It also looks fabulous on youā€¦the colors really pop the black and white you are wearing, making it a versatile piece as wellā€¦wowā€¦you can really see the pattern nicely.

@sheepblue Your skulls turned out great! I have a skull pattern that I started but the skulls looked , well, like blobs with holesā€¦I think I will frog it and try your patternā€¦I have lots of Palette yarnā€¦

I am also eyeing the Klazenia shawl you are making @MistressJennie Love the lacy look

4 Likes

Well done @Cyn-energy! It came out beautifully.

2 Likes

@Cyn-energy, I couldnā€™t hit that heart button fast enough! Your shawl is divine.

3 Likes

Gorgeous work @Cyn-energy!

3 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words !!

@sheepBlue I kind of laugh a bit because I realized when I was, ohā€¦ about 3/4 of the way through the pink section, that doing the reverse (starting with the other end of the yarn / blue end) would have had more of a raindrops to blossoms effectā€¦ But Iā€™m really pleased with how it turned out since I prefer the blue color anyway, and thatā€™s the end that Iā€™ll be sure to try to keep on top :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Crochet Shawl-Along Challenge Entry: Pineapple Lace Shawl
Pattern Used:11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and more
Yarn Used: lion brand pink worsted weight ā€¦i think. it was pretty old stash,

9 Likes