Crocheted stone and glass pendants

These are beautifully done! I crocheted around a river rock once, and it was a challenge, so I truly appreciate how lovely these are. They are gorgeous from either side, too. That museum stone is awesome- do you know what it actually is?

Thanks for sharing how you made them, as well. If I ever decide to try again, I’ll be using this post for reference!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

I wish I knew what the stone was. It does have some identification numbers from the museum on the back. I will try to remember to call the museum sometime soon to find out.

Here is a picture I took of the stone before crocheting around it.

It looks to me like maybe 9 people sitting cross-legged, all the way around. (?) Buddha-like figures, maybe? But I really don’t know.

3 Likes

I contacted the museum, and they said the item was part of an education collection in the distant past. They said they no longer had records of what is it, but guessed (without any prompting from me) that the figures were Buddhas - maybe a meditation object.

3 Likes

lol I tried to do a google image search and what shows up? Chocolate bundt cakes! ha ha Now I am hungry for cake…

On a crafting note, I have found one of the things I want to try to crochet around…just have to find a smaller hook…

2 Likes

Oh, you have to show me how it turns out!

2 Likes

I’m FINALLY getting around to posting the photos that I’ve been meaning to for a long time!

Here’s the crochet yarn I purchased so I can try this project out for myself:

I love that it came with all the colors! I got it on Amazon for around $9 total. It came with two big sewing needles and a threader. It was supposed to come with a crochet hook, which it didn’t. I would have had to send the entire thing back, and it wasn’t that important to me so I didn’t.

I’ll make sure to post when I try this project out!

2 Likes

Pretty, pretty colors!!!

1 Like