Completed Cryptozoological Swap - Send Outs June 11th

That is beyond precious!!! And it has a mug!!

2 Likes

Best self gift ever!

3 Likes

I have the pasta scoop version!

4 Likes

I have the ladle to match. :sauropod:

5 Likes

Haha…that’s awesome! I also have a childhood memory of crossing Lake Champlain on the ferry and looking for Champy the whole time. :laughing:

I honestly wasn’t sure what I would choose if I joined the swap, but the discussion in this thread made me realize I have cryptids close to home that must be honored! My Q is in.

8 Likes

Me, too! It was a gift from you, @gozer! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

… I’m so tempted … and it is only one small …

6 Likes

I remember that @Bunny1kenobi!

@jemimah, it is only one small, and it’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s Cryptids after all. :wink:

2 Likes

If we’re allowed a mythological creature among the cryptids, do you think Godzilla could sneak onto my list too? I want to live in a world where Godzilla could be out there in the deep …

4 Likes

I want this for you!!!

5 Likes

As long as you have at least two actual cryptids to chose from. This is a cryptid swap and your partner joined expecting to create one. Everyone should keep that in mind so no one gets disappointed if you put these things on your list and they are not chosen. I’m allowing a mix because the lines can get blurry sometimes. Just keep it fun and give your partner choices. :blush:

7 Likes

I did it! Here is my list, I can add more options though.

1 Godzilla - I know he’s not actually a cryptid, but I want him to be out there somewhere …
2 Kraken
3 Leviathan (esp. Blake’s illustrations) - mythological now but was once thought of as a real creature
4 ABCs - Alien Big Cats - phantom big cats of Britain (we have a similar thing here in the South Island called the Canterbury Panther)
5 Nessie

I should have added number 6 - your favourite cryptid, because if it makes my partner happy to create it, I’m sure I’ll love it :smile:

This is going to be super fun!

7 Likes

I went exploring on google to find other cryptids I hadn’t heard of, and I love everything about this particular entry on a cryptid wiki:

5 Likes

Oooooh, and how could I forget this one, living practically in my own backyard?!

I particularly love this mental image: “They use their eight arms to swing from branch to branch”

7 Likes

sent my info

1 Like

Oh, I think I need a Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!

5 Likes

I like this one where the plant (or creature) is getting back at the humans. “If you kill me, I’ll kill you!” Those wacky gourds!

Apparently, I like revenge cryptids!

I need to know If I have any cryptids local to me!

Edit. Welp, apparently I get close to nothing. ‘Wood Booger’ (play off Boogey Man) and ‘Smithy’ (large catfish creature).

But I did read about ‘Veggieman’, who just made me lauuughh!!! He’s basically the vegetable varigation of Groot!

5 Likes

I found one kinda local to me just a little south down the coast, Dark watchers! Even the Spanish settlers recorded seeing them.

4 Likes

Wow! I am completely overwhelemed at how popular this swap has become. Honestly, I was worried I wouldn’t get 5 people. Thanks to everyone. I love how fun the spirit of this swap is. :green_heart: :heart:

7 Likes

HOLY SMOKES! I LOVE THE IMAGERY THIS EVOKES! * shiver * This is a good one, Fonduie!

5 Likes