Completed Cryptozoological Swap - Send Outs June 11th

You have all inspired me to go do some cryptid digging and you know what I found? There is one native to my hometown! The Devil’s Lake Monster is said to reside deep in Devil’s Lake in Lincoln City on the Oregon Coast. I spent much of my childhood there and eventually graduated from the local high school. Cool. I will be making some adjustments to my list after partners are assigned because honestly, I’ve never really looked into these before. Yay!

6 Likes

The Dover Demon reminded me of a comic I read, Proof. Bigfoot is a government agent for a secret organization that protects cryptids. The Dover Demon lives on the Crypto ranch and can tell the future. It’s not a cutesy comic, though.

Mokele-mbembe I love this one! It’s a dinosaur in the Congo.

4 Likes

This has the makings of Riverdale episode! Or at least a good campfire tale, AC!

Is the agency accepting applications?? And do we get badges?

3 Likes

I asked and @JoyfulClover and she said it was okay for me to post up this amazing mug rug she made for me years ago. As I said, I have a cat named Yeti Pegleg, so she made me a peg-legged Yeti. LOL!

15 Likes

So, overall, I’m still pleased with it, but OY THAT BINDING! Do NOT look at this full screen!

I liked the subtle pattern in the white fabric, as it gave him some floral fur texture. And I remember feeling pretty sassy over getting the pegleg reference included. I love you still have it.

5 Likes

LOL! Of course I do! I love it. Admittedly, I have never placed a mug on it. I am scared of messing it up.
PS. The binding is fine. I love all of it!

6 Likes

Well that is awesome. I love his expression.

3 Likes

Awesome mug rug!! Your fabric choices are all spot on!

Oh, and FYI, for any interested parties, I’m on volume 4 of Proof. You can read the graphic novel free on comicextra.com. Google “read proof comic free online” and you’ll find it.

A word of caution… It is not for children, nor for the faint of heart. There is some non-gratuitous nudity, and violence.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant by not cutesy. Maybe I should have been more direct. Ha!

3 Likes

Wow, that yeti mug rug is fantastic @JoyfulClover!! I love his facial expression.

3 Likes

The mug rug is FANTASTIC. XD I wouldn’t be able to put a mug on it either!

3 Likes

OH, my goodness! I’m so late to the party, but super excited that the sign-ups haven’t closed yet since this is going to be epic, and I have been very much looking forward to it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :tada: Had a flare up with my back after my second steroid injection and just haven’t been checking in lately. All my extra attention has been going to setting up plans for my rescheduled wedding “ceremony” and reception at the very end of this month. :two_hearts:

Buuuut, you know I was thinking of this, because my local stitching group does a monthly 90-Minute Stitching Challenge, where there is a voted theme, and then everyone is assigned a prompt, and we have 90 minutes on a Zoom call to stitch it. I suggested Cryptids as a theme, and it won, so here is my beautiful little Jackalope Moon hoop. :heart: I was delighted with how it came out, and with the exception of a single flower and then the finishing work on it, I finished it completely in the hour and a half given!

I’ll be working on my questionnaire after work! And @JoyfulClover, I totally agree Wesen should count! :grin: Off to go see what Texas-specific cryptids there might be, other than general southern ones, like the Chupacabra and Wampus Cat…

12 Likes

@EriChanHime You did that in an hour and an half! Yes, this is the swap for you. LOL! I’m glad you checked in. I have been shocked by the interest in this swap so far.

5 Likes

Holy moly! That is amazing! I can’t believe how quickly you finished, too :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! Y’all are so generous with your praise.

This sounds like EPIC FUN!!! I am going to suggest it to my friend. Your jackalope moon hoop is lovely. I see your stem stitch! Is that not the best stitch, ever?? It’s so forgiving! Look how happy your little moon gazing horned bun, is. Thank you for sharing!

I wonder if there would be interest to do something similar here. I’m gonna message you!

5 Likes

Oh man you guys are killing me with this swap. I don’t have a craft space right now, but I really want to do this. Although I could do a crypid hoopla if there were any takers…

12 Likes

Love the idea of a 90-minute stitching challenge! I feel like we should make this happen…:thinking:

Jump in @edel! It’s the perfect swap for your situation. I would happily receive a cryptid hoop. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

I’d be so in for a 90 minute stitching challenge.
@EriChanHime is it hand sewing or machine, and how does it work?

4 Likes

I may have mentioned this idea to a couple of my mod friends…we’ll see what happens!

4 Likes

Count me in as well!

3 Likes