Completed Cryptozoological Swap - Send Outs June 11th

Yes!!! I agree. This is the swap to go all out on! It will be so much fun. :grin:

3 Likes

Also, I have a special place in my heart for the Kraken in the 1981 Clash of the Titans movie. I never get tired of the bad special effects.

7 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi @gozer - did you say Jersey devil?! I had no idea anyone outside of Jersey was aware of this urban legend…err…native species.

5 Likes

Oh yeah… one of the few “known” winged cryptids. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I put

1. Unicorn
  2. Pegasus Unicorn because my 7 yr old believes in them!
  3. Jackalobe because of a story! A good friends father is THE WORST gift giver ever! One year (like 20 years ago) he bought her a taxadermied Jackalobe for her birthday. No reason, she’s not a fan, nothing in her home or life would lead to this. She was like what am I suppose to do with this? We convinced her to hang it in her family room and we make it knit and crocheted garments through the years! She still hates it LOL
    But, mermaid/man could be added to my list as well
6 Likes

In the cryptid fan world, The Jersey Devil is pretty popular.

Caught up on The Great North, and one of the most recent episodes featured a host of random creatures! It was very timely!

4 Likes

Lol…I guess to me it’s still relegated to the obscure pages of Weird NJ. Though now that I think about it, I think Mr. Road and I may have seen it mentioned in a History Channel special at one time or another.

5 Likes

Y’all. I hesitate to post this, because 1. I have struggled to get on board with podcasts thus, 2. I’m sure I’m woefully behind.

But…there’s a podcast called Cryptid Campfires! The synopsis says they talk about all sorts of creatures, and this one just so happens to be about The Jersey Devil!

5 Likes

Well, I will be listening to this!

I will add that I really enjoyed the podcast Wild Thing with Laura Krantz. Season 2 is about aliens (I haven’t listened), but Season 1 was all about Big Foot. Seriously good.

3 Likes

I’m still trying to get into Podcasts, but they both sound really cool! Thanks. I should be driving into work again soon so maybe I can listen to them on my way. :blush:

4 Likes

I use to love podcasts! I am on calls all day and never get time to listen anymore

I also use to live on Lake Champlain - home of Champy!! We’d always get the tourists armed with cameras who were going to get that illusive pic of Nessies US cousin! Lived on both sides of the pond and never spotted Champ!

4 Likes

I can’t believe I missed this! I’m going to do my Q right now!

4 Likes

I just looked at the list of people that have signed up and I would be STOKED to be partnered with ANY of you! This is going to be wild!

3 Likes

Does anyone remember America’s Funniest People hosted by Dave Coulier? I blame that show for my love of jackalopes

6 Likes

Thank you all so much! I was so worried this swap would be a bust. I can’t believe we have so many great swappers already. I can’t wait to see what you all come up with. To me, this is such a fun subject matter!

5 Likes

Oooo, I’m thinking of joining! Do dragons count, since for so many years it was assumed they were real? Does having a discovery or animal planet special about the biology count as making it a cryptid? Because I know I remember seeing one on dragons.

I will always have a place in my heart for Champ! I remember when I was about 5 and we had just moved to Vermont, we were on the Burlington ferry and a crew person spoke about Champ over the loudspeaker. I spent the rest of the trip searching for him. I even wrote stories about him in grade school.

Also, Sarah Andersen, the artist who draws Sarah’s Scribbles, is coming out with a new comic called Criptid Club and I’m super excited! Here’s an early one! Read Sarah's Scribbles :: Cryptid Club | Tapas Comics

4 Likes

@chameleonhound! I JUST THOUGHT OF YOU THIS MORNING AND WAS GOING TO TAG YOU! But didn’t want to pressure you, either! Woooooooottttt

Dragons are a great add! After submitting I realized I didn’t have any random creatures from Grimm. But don’t know if they list as cryptids, either.

6 Likes

Most people have included a mythical creature. I am fine as long as you have a couple cryptids in there in case your partner wants to chose to do one of those. :innocent:

We got told we were going to go back to the facilityy to work VERY soon (possibly Monday) so I impulse bought myself something to make it better.

13 Likes

I think signing up for this swap will be my reward after completing Big Work Thing, Huge Work Thing and Complicated Mess off a Work Thing. So I could sign up this weekend, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes