Completed Cryptozoological Swap - Send Outs June 11th

Oh man, I can’t believe I forgot the tree octopi! :octopus:

4 Likes

Oooh, spooky!!

3 Likes

I kinda wanna redo my whole list, lol. If the kraken counts as a cryptid, that definitely belongs on my list too! Ah well; when I get a partner, let’s talk! XD

5 Likes

I’m signing up right now!

5 Likes

I wanna redo mine too! I didn’t realize how many unknown cryptid y’all would turn me onto!

5 Likes

Me too! Though I’m just adding to the list - I’d still be happy with any of my original ideas.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, my original short list is still totally fine, but I’m finding more I like! XD

5 Likes

I agree! I pretty much want any and everything at this point :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I just now looked up cryptids around upstate South Carolina. I’ve only been living here for a year, and I still don’t know a lot about my area. However, Thunderbirds I totally would add to my list!

4 Likes

Just a thought for all y’all saying you want to add more to your list… why can’t you? We haven’t been given partners yet, and you can edit messages… just sayin’… :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Oh, I probably will once we have partners. We just can’t go edit the originals that were sent to gozer 'cause we’d drive her friggin crazy with tiny one line update messages. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize it would do that! Thanks for letting me know…

2 Likes

I guess I don’t know that for sure, but I assumed. I’m in a different Discourse-based forum and I get message edit notifications there.

3 Likes

When you edit the message, it pops to the top of her messages again.

BUT if she’s been playing with partners, it does make it challenging. Also, it’s a little taboo. It would probably be best to message an ‘Addendum’ after partners are given.

[Just my opinion, as a previous organizer. I would find this to be undesirable.]

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m just planning to chat with my eventual partner. Again, everything on my current list is still totally fair game; I’d just widen the field! XD

5 Likes

Since moving to New Orleans, I have heard a lot of wonderful spooky stories but last year I heard this song and learned about the parlangua, a half alligator, half human swamp monster. It’s pretty nifty.

5 Likes

I like the idea of discussing your new list with your partner. Not because of the message issue, but I like the idea of people communicating. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Check out this cutey, the Dover Demon (scroll down the page).
I sadly haven’t any time to swap but so happy this is getting lots of love. The gallery is going to be amazing!

3 Likes

@gozer, I agree! Chatting with your partner is one of the best things about swaps. I am THRILLED by all the participants in this swap. It is such a fun theme with endless possibilities! Thank you for organizing. You are the best!

3 Likes

I’m so glad you typed out the spelling, because I would not have been able to get one without the other.

And then, he sang:

“…he’s got your brother, now he’s got your Pa.”

Oh.Dang. Note to self, reconsider Louisiana swamp trip…

6 Likes