Cute as a Button

My aunt gave me a literal barrel of vintage buttons. A smallish one, but still. It isn’t like I didn’t already have a barrel of my own buttons and now I have two. My kid and I have been sorting buttons like a couple of magpies. “Oh look at this one. It’s so sparkly!” In the midst of the chaos that is two people who both love to SORT things and also are easily distracted by shiny stuff, the design for this embroidery sprang fully formed into my head.

Embroidery is not one of my skills and I have never made hoop art so I don’t really know what to do to finish it, but I DID use 100% vintage thrifted materials, from the linen to every piece of thread. So that was nice. I didn’t have to get “just one little thing” to complete it. Every time I showed my kid the progress, he blushed and giggled. So worth it.

21 Likes

Great project, well done. Vintage hoop? Oh those buttons are luscious! And i envy you your barrels!

2 Likes

Beautiful! for not being one of your skills you’re pretty great at embroidery!

1 Like

Thanks! Yep, vintage hoop, vintage thread, buttons, linen, even the needles I used are vintage 2nd hand out of my husband’s grandmother’s sewing box, because that was what was at hand.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

This is absolutely loaded with charm! Love the vintage hoop to finish, too!

1 Like

Very sweet! And great that it was entirely from stash vintage materials.

1 Like

Stash and vintage!! Best combo ever!

Jealous of the rainbow buttons… Excellent use of vintage materials.

All my button stashes only come with black, blue and white…

1 Like

Gaah, that’s adorable! I love the rainbow of buttons, and your embroidery is gorgeous.

1 Like

Beautiful stitching! Maybe embroidery should be one of your skills!

1 Like