Dandelion hoop, lost

I made this for @annchen in the ongoing wish swap. Unfortunately the envelope arrived and not the hoop. It is floating around lost somewhere between her and me. Which I am a small bit heart broken about. But at least I can show a photo of it.

35 Likes

Wow! Your thread has texture like paint strokes in this piece. Beautiful. The craft gods (goddesses?) must have loved it too if they took it as a sacrifice.

3 Likes

Dang, that is a beauty, very Van Gogh. Sacrifice worthy indeed. The universe is a greedy bugger lately, quite a bit of mail Iโ€™ve sent has gotten eaten. Strange times.

1 Like

So bummed that it got lost. Such wonderful work.

This looks amazing! I love the texture of it

Beautiful hoop, and I am so sorry it went missing. :cry: Have you been able to call the Post Office? The only reason I ask is because I had the exact same thing happen to me several years ago, where a torn, empty mailer got delivered without the custom-made doll dress I had sewn inside it. After contacting the post office several times, they found it in one of the warehouses along the way where it had fallen out. It was thankfully sealed in a plastic bag (something I try to always remember to do before packing), but had no address separately on it, so it was just sitting there. They were able to deliver it to her in the end. I hope they can track this one down, too! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

So sad to hear it went missing. It is beautiful!

It is so pretty. How sad it was lost.

That is tragically sad. Letโ€™s imagine it on a grand adventure, enriching so many lives. It is beautiful.

2 Likes

That happened here too!

NooooooOOOOOOOoooooo! This is so lovely that it even breaks my heart a little to know it could be lost to the ages. I really like how the black background sort of elevated the dandelion image from a common plant (weed) to something accepted as worthy of notice and examination.

1 Like

I have contacted them, but Iโ€™m not holding out much hope. But itโ€™s a lesson learned, everything is going on a ziplock bag with my address in it, in the future. And no more paper envelopes. Only plastic mailers.

2 Likes

:sob: Iโ€™m so sorry it disappeared! Itโ€™s beautiful though, so well done!

That is beautifulโ€ฆ the texture, wow!

Itโ€™s so pretty. I sort of hope some clerk found it in a mail bin and kept it.

Wow! They look wonderful! You did a great job bringing the colors and textures to life.

I am so sorry. It is beautiful.

Beautiful stitching my dear! Iโ€™m sorry it didnโ€™t make it to its destination. Perhaps the Universe diverted it to someone who really needed a little ray of sunshine at that moment. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Itโ€™s so pretty, @Edel! Iโ€™m glad you photographed it so that we all get to see it. Hopefully somebody somewhere is taking some joy from this beauty!

Thatโ€™s a lovely way to look at it

1 Like