Destash quilt (instead of finishing a WIP)

Soooooo, I was attempting to finish my very long WIP and thought if I was doing that I may as well put the sewing machine to good use and use up some stash.

I had these grey squares cut out for I don’t know how long or even for what purpose. I decided to use some batiks to brighten them up. My squares aren’t perfectly aligned but I was pleased with the quilting stitching that I did approx 1/4 inch either side of the seam, I have learnt I am not good at stitch in the ditch and it doesn’t really work if your seams aren’t perfectly aligned.

Apart from the binding, the whole thing was stash. (I found some stash binding after finishing… of course)

This has now been re-homed to my brother, who called dibs in the family chat. He sent a nice message when he got it so I’m pleased

Note: WIP still not finished, I made some errors and I don’t like the sashing I used, so a re-think is in order

27 Likes

This is really pretty! A nice ratio of brights to neutrals.

3 Likes

This turned great, really cheerful and nicely balanced colours! I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use.

2 Likes

Very cute and cheery!

2 Likes

It’s so super nice, the whole thing is great. Colours, fabrics, lay out, stitching. All awesome.

I call it “stitch in & around the ditch”, bahaha!

3 Likes

I have admired your color scheme of greys and brights…it makes a lovely quilt, so no wonder your brother claimed it!

It is nice that you got “distracted” by your stash, but now, tackle that WIP! ha–I should talk…

5 Likes

What a fun aimple quilt. I would have called dibs too!

2 Likes

I love the colors you chose! It looks really pretty. I would have called dibbs too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s so cheerful! I love the bright colors paired with the light, neutral grays. Quilting to either side of the seams looks so nice, I also prefer it to stitch-in-the-ditch.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

2 Likes

I love it. A great stash buster and very cosy looking

2 Likes

Way to use up your stash! It came out great and sounds like it went to a good home.

2 Likes

I was gonna call dibs but your brother beat me to it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I really love the contrast here of the various gray prints with the vibrant batiks! Glorious!

3 Likes

Very pretty! I love the balance of it - alternating the neutral grays with the saturated colors. Great stash buster with excellent outcome!

2 Likes

I love these colors!

2 Likes

So pretty!
Love the stripes juxtaposed with the bright colors

2 Likes

This is lovely - and inspirational. I have some gray fabrics…

3 Likes

I really like this!

But now, as @AIMR has already said, tackle that WIP :flushed:

3 Likes

OK,

it looks like it’s going to be sunny here this weekend so I could sit outside and take it apart!!! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

:star: :star: :star: Your amazing craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :star: :star: :star:

3 Likes