Didn't have a horse drawn carriage, so I built my own!

No, I took her apart and burnt her in my outdoor fire pit after about two months. No place to keep it for one thing. And anyway, building her was expensive. Hardware costs an arm and a leg: wood, paint and really expensive fabric I had used to line the interior, with. Lexan is expensive, too. That is what I used to shape the front bay window. Tried plexiglass, but when I bent it, it would break. Lexan is bulletproof and will not break that easily. Was worth the cost. I recycle what I can, which includes every screw, nut and bolt I used. Yes, I know, I could’ve sold it, but I don’t like selling, or anything “business” for that matter and will avoid doing that at all cost. I’d rather just recycle.

I’m half admiring and half horrified.
It’s nice not to be attached to your artwork–it’s the journey, not the destination. But it was so cool!

1 Like

Wow, that is incredible. I am so sad that you dismantled and burned it :cry: I wish I lived closer, I’d store it in my driveway for you.

I was never sad about it!! To me, from the ashes rose a new Phoenix! Anyway, the “experience and fun” I had “building” it, ended when it was completed. Then too, I was a working Mom with 4 kids to take care of. Since money was a concern, I saved a lot of money by recycling the old to make the new. Thanks for stopping by!

At first I was wowed by what you made, then I was wowed about how you dismantled it! I’m all over the place emotionally now. Ha!

2 Likes

You are right to be a little amazed at the dismantling because when I build something, I tend to over strengthen a thing, and so it is usually much more difficult to take apart. I generally took the things that I build apart around early December when an outdoor fire pit (made my own) is appreciated. Again, I am never disheartened by their demise because for me, the journey was finished! :pensive:
Thanx for stopping over…enjoy your art!!

2 Likes

NOW, I find you!! :frowning_face:

1 Like

This is utterly amazing. I’m just gobsmacked, sitting here looking at each and every picture. Well done!

Wow this is seriously impressive. You have mad skills.

My co-workers were mad at me, too!

This came out beautifully, I love the interior! You did a great job scaling it up all based on the wheel measurements! This is incredibly impressive, all around.

1 Like

What an amazing project and beautiful result! Did it roll, too, or were the axles fixed? What an accomplishment and a cool thing to be able to say that you did! Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Yes, it did! I just wish I had started making things like this earlier in my life!!

1 Like

Thanks Audio, it was fun to do. And btw, I, too, am a big fan of audio books and am a member of both Audio Books and Audible Books. I had been a member of AudioBooks, first, many, many years ago when they used to mail them to you. Frank Muller (now unable to narrate books anymore due to his accident) used to be my very favorite narrator, now it’s George Guidall. LOVE audiobooks!!

1 Like

Thank you!