Eggcellent New Friends

So I made some cute spring friends.

The striped eggs are from Lucy Ravenscar’s Free Eggie Pattern and are made with tiny scraps of yarn tied together from my stash. She was known as AngryAngel on the site that is no more and helped me understand how amigurumi worked, opening the door to let creativity go free. Before that I only knew how to make rugs. So I played a bit and ended up with Eggbert

He can hide in baskets with the other eggs with just a little work.

His transition is a little too tough for the boy he was going to, so he’s hanging out with me and his big brother will go instead!

Picture of them all together

20 Likes

Wait— do they turn inside out…? Or hide inside an empty crocheted shell…? They look so cool!! Thanks for the link to the original egg pattern, too. They are all adorable!

2 Likes

The dinos turn inside out. By using a hook 1 or 2 sizes larger to make the shells and then sewing them wrong sides together, it makes them reversible. No stuffing needed.

3 Likes

Awww, look at this cutie crew!

2 Likes

These are adorable!

2 Likes

:dove: A little bird told me that you’re fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Chirp chirp! :peacock:

2 Likes

Those overalls tho, lol. Eggcellent!

1 Like

They are reversible?! What? That is too cute. And a dinosaur to boot. Love him! And I thought his little overalls were cute. Dinosaur!

2 Likes

How fun and too cute!

2 Likes

Love your Eggcellent New Friends!

2 Likes

Cute! Love that little tail!

2 Likes