Everlasting vase of flowers

Backstory - I work in HR and I had been falling out of love with it in a big way. A couple of years ago we had an interim Director of HR join us, a week before everything locked down due to Covid. I have never met her face to face (we are still not back in the office with any regular timetable) but she has been such an inspiration to me that it has renewed my belief in the service we provide. We always knew she would leave us and that finally happened when our new, permanent, Director of HR started last week.

I wanted to send her something as a proper thank you and she has, on several occasions, mentioned attending crafty workshops, so I thought she would appreciate something handmade. I decided to make her a paper vase, full of paper flowers.

All of these flowers (and the vase) can be found as printables on the Canon Creative Park website. Each flower is printed on to A4 paper and each piece has two sides, so have to be folded along a specific line and glued back to back. Each piece has to be cut out and glued together as per the instructions. Each element then had two coats of ModPodge gloss lustre before being assembled, which strengthens the flowers and makes them easier to dust. They are surprisingly robust once made up.

This vase had two different leaf sets -

And three different flowers, with 3 of each flower -

She received the box today and was over the moon with them, which made for one very happy me.

29 Likes

Wow, beautiful gift! The flowers are gorgeous and I love that the vase is paper too.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful! I wouldn’t have thought everything was paper if you hadn’t said so!

2 Likes

This is really pretty! The shine from the mod podge really elevates the look!

2 Likes

Seriously, that’s all paper!? The first set of leaves can’t possibly be :flushed:

2 Likes

Wowzers! No way that’s paper!! Fantastic! :bouquet::tulip::rose::hibiscus:

1 Like

Theyre so realistic and pretty!

1 Like

This bouquet is stunning! What a truly amazing paper project - it’s no wonder she was thrilled with this gift. I’m sure her heart was touched, too.

Good luck with your new Director of HR!

1 Like

Here to join the “I can’t believe it’s paper!” bandwagon. Those are gorgeous! Such a thoughtful gift.

1 Like

:heartpulse: Oh boy, OH BOY! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOOHOO! :heart_hands:

2 Likes

lovely!

1 Like

You could’ve fooled me! I thought these beauties were real

1 Like

Super sweet idea and I love that she inspired you to be excited about your job again. I love the look of those leaves and flowers. The two layers and the mod-podge must be magic. I never would have guessed it was paper! So pretty!

2 Likes

How amazing those are paper!

1 Like

Thank you all for the lovely comments :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Paper??? Wowza! What a gorgeous bouquet!

1 Like

Oh wow, ditto what everyone else has said, they’re absolutely lovely, they don’t look at all like paper! Beautiful! And thanks for the link too :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Gorgeous & thoughtful project, such fine lovely detail!

Finding an inspiring leader at work is like panning for gold on the plains. I hope she stays on as an associate, so you can continue to work with her.

I’m sure she was so touched by your efforts and your gift. Wonderful.

1 Like