Faerie Door

This was fun to make. I wood burned a plain wooden door and decorated with polymer clay, glass and metal findings.

25 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! I love the itty bitty key.

2 Likes

It’s very cool! Love the eye in the peephole!

3 Likes

Do you decorate cakes? I could totally see this made of fondant and modeling chocolate.

2 Likes

That is the sweetest!! and I agree with @SillySlippers these would be so cute as a toadstool cake decoaration!

2 Likes

I would not have thought to combine the wood and clay, and WOULDA BEEN WRONG. This is awesome fun! My woodburning is plain in comparison! I love all the details! Clearly I need to burn more!

I like the little key on the side, under the pull. I see what you did there. :heartbeat:

:metal:

4 Likes

Cute! I love the tiny key!

2 Likes

This is very cute. I like the literal β€˜eye hole’. :laughing:

3 Likes

I love fairie doors! I have two in my house currently and plan to have more. I love this idea. I have some wooden blanks and I might steal your idea of wood burning them!. I love the look you created.

2 Likes

This is brilliant and as cute as can be.

2 Likes

This is rad!

3 Likes

Lovely - I love the texture from the wood burning and that awesome eye decoration

2 Likes

This is cute as can be!

2 Likes

This little fairy door is adorable!

2 Likes

Very cute! Where is this destined to go?

2 Likes

It’s from an old swap, you know I can’t even remember who it went to. Maybe I<3CapnHook in a gnome swap she hosted?

1 Like

Congrats on being picked as one of this week’s featured projects! You are AMAZING!

2 Likes

What fabulous detail you have added to that door!

1 Like

How adorable! What a fun way to make a faerie door. Woodburning is such a cool idea to get the wood grain!

1 Like