Fake suede midi skirt

Looks great! Love the buttons down the front.

Interesting that it is a come back…I actually still have mine…

2 Likes

Super cute! Love the buttons down the front.

2 Likes

I see lots of them around these days @AIMR! You should totally wear it.

My grandma used to have a skirt just like this but I think it ended up with my sister, together with her sheepskin coat. I have always loved retro styles, I have piles of craft magazines from the 70s from my mother. The main reason I started to sew as a teenager was I couldn’t find the styles I liked in the shops. I only know the basics of pattern making, but a skirt isn’t that difficult.

3 Likes

That is really lovely!

2 Likes

The front buttons are just divine! and i like how you have it styled, too (with the tee into the skirt). It really gives it an upscale dressed down look.

But boy-oh-boy, do I want that sucker in a corduroy. swoon!

2 Likes

I may have bought some red corduroy to make the same skirt but 4 inches shorter and with jeans buttons (this skirt has brass coloured snaps).

3 Likes

YASSSSS! MAKE THE THING WITH THE CORD MATERIAL!!! waving arms wildly in the air

bhahah - I love you already have this material. You’re like…and THIS IS ALREADY WAITING

3 Likes

Awesome. I have a lot of 70s patterns from my gran. Having three daughters who were teens in the 70s means she had a few! I know there’s some skirts…

2 Likes

Phoebe voiceover “You know that thing… made with that stuff”

YAY for drafting and making your own stuff! Lovely!

Corduroy is back as well? wow…I can’t wait to see it done in that beautiful shade!

Styles might be coming back but my teenage butt is not… :smiley:

I haven’t really seen a lot of corduroy in the streets but it’s available in the fabric shop in way more colours than it used to be so they are expecting a comeback.

We had a consultant over at work last week who wore a midi length dress with knee high suede boots!

1 Like

I made the corduroy shirt a while back but didn’t get around to posting it. The pattern was cut pre-pandemic (remember before the pandemic? I’ve almost forgotten about it) and I’ve lost a lot of weight since then. I’ve taken it in several times and it needs to be taken in again. I ended up putting the brass snaps on this one as well because that’s what I had and I didn’t want to go to the craft store. But I’m home all the time so no one can see this skirt is a size too big.

3 Likes

Both skirts are so great for autumn! And winter in a lot of places, too!

1 Like

I wear them in winter too! It doesn’t get very cold here and I basically always wear dresses/skirts. For some reason when I wear jeans when it’s below freezing I get some sort of rash from my cold skin rubbing against the fabric. So instead I just wear thermal leggings with a skirt when it gets really cold.

1 Like

Great skirts!
I like the second one the best, because of it being a little shorter.
Congrats on the weight loss.

1 Like

I finally took it in today, 8 cm! And I already made it about 5 cm smaller while sewing. That means I’ve lost about 10-15 cm over the last 12 months. That’s a lot and I didn’t even change my lifestyle that much. Working from home is just a lot healthier for me. I’m less tired so I eat less sugar for a quick energy boost, and I sleep more.

5 Likes

So fantastic! You’re the first person I’ve heard of who has done the opposite of gaining covid kilos! Well done :muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

1 Like

@Lynx was altering her clothes the other day as well!

In my family we all lost weight. My mum had Covid and lost weight due to that (she’s finally recovered now) and my sister has really lost a lot of weight, 20-25 kg. She lived a very unhealthy lifestyle and was obese and I think she was afraid to get really sick from Covid. She’s at a healthy weight now for the first time since she was a teenager!

3 Likes

Wow girl!! I’m so proud of you, both for the weight loss and for taking it in! It looks wonderful! So fit!

2 Likes

wow!! I just went through this entire thread again and yes, you definitely lost weight! Love your skirts…

1 Like