COMPLETE Felt Badge Swap - Send outs June 22, 2022

*Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: @geekgirl *
Sign-up date range: May 8, 2022 - May 20, 2022
Date to send item on or before: June 22, 2022
Limited to a certain number of people? No

Gallery

For this swap we will be making one felt badge per partner.
Adding hardware (magnets, pin backs, badge holders) is NOT required but if you are so inclined you can based on your partner’s Q.

Examples:
POW pin
Beary Cute Badges
Owl
Bee Kind
fox

Tracking or photo of international receipt will be required for this swap

If you meet these conditions, you can join in on the fun:

• Has been a member for at least one month
  • Has posted at least 15 times
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple at a time
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
  • Does not have any negative feedback
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
  • If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap
  • If sending internationally, understands that a shipping receipt with address must be captured

To participate, fill out and return the questionnaire below to organizer @geekgirl .

SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE

Name of swap: Felt Badge Swap

Lettuce Craft username:

Email address:

Your real name + mailing address as needs to be written on packages:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

Are you at least 16 years old?

Any allergens in your home (animals or smoke)?

Do you have any allergies?

What are your favorite colors?

What are your least favorite colors?

Do you want 1, 2, or 3 partners:

List 8 themes/ideas for your felt badge

Are there any themes/items that you would prefer NOT to receive?

How will you use your felt badge? (magnet, pin, lanyard decoration, hang on a cork board, etc)

Do you have a Pinterest or other online site with favorites for inspiration?

Do you understand that tracking is required for shipping within the US and an image must be captured for International receipts?

Will you post in the swap thread once before and once per week during the crafting period?

Is there anything else you’d like your partner to know?

8 Likes

Participants:
@geekgirl
@Magpie
@Abbeeroad
@mellybelly81
@gozer
@AuFish
@wittychild
@audity
@EriChanHime
@seeuudee
@pioneer9

Partners:

Participant <-> Participant
geekgirl <–> Seeuudee
geekgirl <–> AuFish
Seeuudee <–> magpie
Seeuudee <–> mellybelly81
magpie <–> mellybelly81
magpie <–> gozer
gozer <–> pioneer9
pioneer9 <–> EriChanHime
EriChanHime <–> audity
Abberoad <–> WittyChild
2 Likes

I put a long crafting time on this simple swap because my June is already getting busy!

I’m always inspired by other people’s list of themes, so feel free to post your themes in this thread.

So far I have animals: otters, hedgehogs, cats, etc

3 Likes

Yes, please! This is 1000% perfect for me!

2 Likes

I don’t wear felt badges ( I hang them on my art wall) but thought this was a cool way to add a safety pin - scroll way down

2 Likes

Oh this would be fun. But I’m moving in June so would rather not join a swap happening that month. Maybe next time!

2 Likes

I’m in on this! Will work on my Q today!

3 Likes

I am working on my questionnaire! Thank you for the longer craft time. I have a bunch going on but I didn’t want to miss this!

3 Likes

Hoping to play, too!

3 Likes

I just sent in my questionniare. I am excited for this one. I remember having fun when I made one for the dino swap.

11 Likes

I am excited to join this one!

3 Likes

I love this! I have missed swapping, but my life was not in a good place for a while, and then I got COVID (poor hubby got it at work, we think, and brought it home before showing symptoms), but I am finally starting to ooze out the other side. I love the idea of this swap, as I adore working with felt and embroidery together, and I love the very straightforward requirement. I am definitely going to work on my Q for this one and join you all. I can manage ONE badge and make it awesome! Thank you for the long crafting time!

And for inspiration, one of my favorite Instagram accounts that I follow is a lady who makes felt pin cushions and needlebooks, and things, and the tops of her pin cushions are circles of felt with gloriously done layering and embroidery: @fabricandink. I aspire to use felt as beautifully as this!

6 Likes

This is totally how I feel as well. I swear someone in my house has been sick since Jan. We can’t catch a break! Glad your house is feeling better!

I forgot to share my themes…they are pretty simple…kind of the same ones I always do…nature, space, science, abstract/scrappy…Star Wars and Lisa Simpson for the more specific ones. I always want something different/unique but space when it comes time to choose themes!

ETA:

Wow! She does beautiful work!

3 Likes

Themes:

1. Nature
  2. Weather
  3. Close up facial features (eyes, mouth, ear?)
  4. Magpies (they don’t actually collect shiny stuff, that’s a myth!)
  5. Hearts, heart with crown, heart with wings
  6. Rainbow
  7. Craft related
  8. ADULT MERIT BADGE!!! Fave of all faves
4 Likes

Here are my themes, I changed them up a few times, trying to narrow it down!

1. Pride and Prejudice
  2. 80s/90s pop
  3. Grease
  4. Crafty - I like to sew, crochet and cross stitch
  5. Ryan Reynolds (:heart_eyes: can a person be a theme?)
  6. Spring
  7. Vikings (we watched Vikings, The Last Kingdom, Norsemen)
  8. Spreadsheets

I know it’s a bit of an eclectic mix! My school couldn’t timetable my chosen subjects in my final year as they were all so different (maths, chem, physics, English lit, German, and Art and Design)

3 Likes

Haha…what a fun list!

1 Like

My themes always read like a dissertation, with footnotes and links to reference images… :rofl: I think it’s partially because I know some of my stuff is off the wall, and not as likely to be know by everyone; especially with age or cultural differences, I try not to assume, so I tend to detail-dump. I’m also super happy to receive a lot of details from partners, though, although I will lovingly work with whatever comes my way. :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Now I’m super curious, post your list @EriChanHime !

I’m calling on Ms. @Thimbles because she’s so awesome with felt & I miss her :heartpulse:

1 Like

it’s been a while but I’d love to join if you’ll have me!

7 Likes

Haha. I’ve seen a version of her list from other swaps…it’s pretty epic.

I am so the opposite. I probably give my partner too few details! :see_no_evil:

Hi @audity! Hope you’re doing well!!

3 Likes