Fiber & Textile Challenge - Spring Greening **CLOSED**

:seedling::honeybee::deciduous_tree::bug::recycle: SPRING GREENING! :recycle::beetle::deciduous_tree::butterfly::seedling:

We all know the mantra, Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Recycling is all well and good, but the most important of these are reduce and reuse. Like many of you, I’ve resolved to be better at reducing my reliance on single-use items, and am working to craft as many reusable items for my home as possible as I phase out disposable things. One of the added benefits is that it’s a great way to destash so many hoarded craft supplies. So who is up for joining me for a Fiber & Textile Challenge!

YOUR MISSION - CRAFT AN ITEM THAT REPLACES A COMMONLY USED DISPOSABLE VERSION.

Examples:

• Crochet a set of reusable produce bags to take grocery shopping.

• Knit a bundle of dishcloths to kick the disposable sponge habit.

• Embroider a cute set of cloth napkins for everyday use.

• Weave a couple of hand towels to use instead of paper ones.

The Rules:

• You must craft something to help you keep a greener home or lifestyle.

• You do not have to work from stash or recycled materials, but either option is highly encouraged.

• Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.

• Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.

• All entries must be posted by midnight on March 15th.

The winner of the Spring Greening Challenge will receive a handcrafted green household surprise from MistressJennie!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.

• You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- F&T 2020 Q1 Contest Entry” (example: Jennie’s Scrappy Market Tote - F&T 2020 Q1 Contest Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.

• Voting will happen on March 16th - 22nd.

• The winner will be announced on March 23rd - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.

• If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun!

:seedling::honeybee::deciduous_tree::bug::recycle: HAPPY SPRING GREENING EVERYONE! :recycle::beetle::deciduous_tree::butterfly::seedling:

Entries
@geekgirl’s Crocheted Swiffer Duster Cover
@Lynx’s Aqua Blue Crocheted Dishcloths
@LemonHillKnitting’s Firework Scrubbies
@Wulf’s Vintage Linen Bread Bag
@Cindy’s Boxy Grocery Bag
@TheMistressT’s Take-Along Flatware Wrap
@MistressJennie’s Tuck-Away Tote
@photojenn’s Parrot Dishtowels
@Mountains_and_CloudsTimely TP
@appledainty’s Floral Embroidered Napkin Set

:seedling::honeybee::deciduous_tree::bug::recycle: TIME TO VOTE! :recycle::beetle::deciduous_tree::butterfly::seedling:

PLEASE VOTE HERE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ENTRY! THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON SUNDAY, MARCH 23RD

• Crocheted Swiffer Duster Cover
  • Aqua Bleu Crocheted Dishcloths
  • Firework Scrubbies
  • Vintage Linen Bread Bag
  • Boxy Grocery Bag
  • Take-Along Flatware Wrap
  • Tuck-Away Tote
  • Parrot Dishtowels
  • Timely TP
  • Floral Embroidered Napkin Set

0 voters

17 Likes

This looks like a fun challenge! I’ve been meaning to make some more produce bags to keep in my car for shopping trips :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this! Now, what to make, what to make…hmmmm

2 Likes

Great challenge idea! I’ve got some new hand towel ideas in mind, this is a great reason to get them on the loom.

3 Likes

Excellent! The perfect spring challenge!

3 Likes

What an awesome challenge!

2 Likes

Loving these challenges! Gets the creative noggin thinking, at least…if I can find one of the supplies I packed so carefully and yet still can’t find, I am going to make some much needed…yep…let’s see if I find it! :smiley:

2 Likes

YES, love this one!

1 Like

Woohooo!! There was something I was planning /hoping to make that (I think) fits this category perfectly!! Maybe a deadline can help actually make it happen!!

1 Like

I just posted a swifter duster cover I made

5 Likes

hmmmm what to make…

2 Likes

Ack! So many ideas! :recycle:

2 Likes

Question! Does the entry have to be made recently? Or can I enter a project I made a few months ago? Thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Well, the goal of the challenge was to have you craft something for this challenge specifically. But since I failed to specify that in the rules, I suppose there is a loophole built in and you are allowed to do so. But please be sure you’ve followed the rest of the rules, which state that your project cannot have already been posted in its own thread, or have been submitted for any other contest on LC.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try to think of something new to make :wink:

3 Likes

Yes! I am definitely interested in this challenge. Can’t wait to see what everyone makes!

1 Like

I am so in! Now to decide what to do!

Aqua Blue Crochet Dishcloths

Here’s my entry!

3 Likes

Are we allowed to post our entries in this (and other) challenge(s) as projects in the Nerd Games?

1 Like