Fiber & Textile Challenge - Spring Greening **CLOSED**

Are we allowed to post our entries in this (and other) challenge(s) as projects in the Nerd Games?

1 Like

Yes, you can post your challenge entries in Craftalongs, AFTER you’ve posted them here. (Even if it’s just a few minutes after.)

4 Likes

We can make anything as long as we can justify it’s usefulness around the home?

1 Like

Not just something that is useful around the home. The directive is to craft an item that replaces a commonly used disposable version.

4 Likes

This challenge might just push me to finally make a project I’ve had in my To-Make pile for a few months!

3 Likes
1 Like

I just saw that I could only post into the CraftAlongs after I posted here. Will my post still count as an entry? Please let me know.

1 Like

Hi @LemonHillKnitting. It’s true that your entry must be posted as a challenge entry here, before it’s posted anywhere else, in order to count. Where did you post them in Craftalongs, and when? Please provide a link. Thank you.

1 Like

I posted it just minutes before in the craftalong, I am learning this system. I am less than a week old to the site. I have posted a link in this thread above. I didn’t know how to post to this thread first but it’s all a learning experience, I suppose. Comment 25 is a link to my entry.

1 Like

LHK, you didn’t tell me which craftalong. There are many on the site, and I have no way of knowing which one you’re participating in. Can you please include a link?

Meanwhile, please know that we are all new to the site, as it only went live on January 1st. All of us, even the Mods, are still learning their way around. :smile:

1 Like

Fiber and Textiles, Completed Projects. I believe that is what you are asking me. Not entirely sure.

1 Like

There is no Fiber & Textiles craftalong, but there is the Fiber & Textiles board. So I’m a bit confused. Did you post them in a craftalong or just on the Fiber & Textiles board?

To clarify a bit: Craftalongs are specific threads here, all on the Crafty Shenanigans Board, with various themes, that encourage us to craft more. For example there’s a 50 Things in 2020 Craftalong, encouraging people to make at least 50 object this year. And there’s the Harry Potter Craftalong, which has crafting prompts inspired by the Harry Potter book series. There’s a Crochet Shawl Along, which is just for people crocheting shawls, etc, etc.

So my question is were your scrubbies posted in a craftalong first, or just on the Fiber & Textiles board alone? If they were just on the F&T board, there’s no problem because that’s where they’re supposed to go.

2 Likes

Board.

1 Like

Then you’re fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see what you have in mind! Meanwhile, I started my project for the challenge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I stumbled upon this challenge again and it gave me the kick in the pants to start a project. So far, so good… I found the yarn in the correct bin so I know my craft room isn’t a complete disaster. I can find stuff in there :grimacing: Now to check if I saved that pattern and if I wrote down what size needle I used.

3 Likes

Reminder! There’s just under a week left for this challenge. Let’s see what you got friends!

1 Like

Here’s my vintage linen bread bag:

1 Like

Here’s my entry …

2 Likes

I have had a project that fits this challenge on my to-make list for a few months and thought “Ah ha! This will get me to do it!” Well, I finally started yesterday. Let’s see if I can get it done today and beat the deadline. [cue cliffhanger music]

3 Likes