File folder journal - create beauty every day

Prompted by the ever-inspiring @AIMR, and her fabulous manila folder journal, I’ve spent some time over the last week working on a similar journal.

That’s the outside unfolded. It’s been quite therapeutic to work on. I chose a theme of favourite arty quotes and creative encouragement. It’s kind of reached a point of completion, but I may keep adding paint and bits over time.

I didn’t have any manila folders!! so I improvised with an old cardboard envelope folder, which already had a pocket. (I prepped both and used the green one). I tore off the flap and prepped them with torn dictionary pages and diluted gesso, leaving some of the base colour.

Then I’ve just been using bits of the flap cardboard, other paper scraps, and stash bits and bobs to decorate the journal and make the contents. I used my Inktense pencils, watercolour, markers, coloured pencils, alphabet stamps, white gel pen, collage, a little washi tape, and one of @Magpie’s precious butterflies :butterfly:

Inside

Contents

Favourites (I like the celebrating snail best I think)

Front cover

Thanks for the inspiration AIMR!

20 Likes

This is so wonderful!! I love every little detail, but especially the “make your own rules” piece.

1 Like

Unbelievable that a simple humble file folder can become something so beautiful and inspiring!

Love that you used a theme and colors that went well together and yet separately, they stand on their own…the little snail expresses the sentiment I like a lot…slow down!

Beautiful…and I knew you would find a way to show off @Magpie 's butterfly…

You even have room for more if you want…but it looks quite inspiring for now with the quotes to add to your daily creativity!

1 Like

How fun and creative is this! I might have to google file folder journaling!

2 Likes

Oh, grrl, every little bit of this is gorgeous!

1 Like

This is all so great. I really like the shooting star card.

1 Like

You sure did create a heap of beauty! It’s amazing how each element feels like a finished piece, and together they’re just stunning. The one I keep coming back to is party snail. :green_heart::snail:

1 Like

Love it - fantastic!

1 Like

This is amazing! I HAVE to try it now!

2 Likes

This is so great! I love the colors. It’s so cool to see all these projects people are making by being inspired by others.

1 Like

I keep coming back to have another look! I just shared with @Pigeon and she loves the pockets, “amazing watercolour” and “really detailed bookmarks” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh my. It’s a folder full of happy! :heart:

1 Like

This is fabulous. I love that you found it therapeutic as you worked on it. Your theme of arty quotes and creative encouragement is a good one…I may have to borrow that idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is gorgeous!

1 Like