Finnish Forest Raccoon, Needle Felting

24 Likes

RACCOOONNNNNN!!! aaahhhhh! I’ve died, bury me in satin
the little rake OMG

4 Likes

So stinking cute! That little face!

2 Likes

Adorable! He looks so proud of his raking and I don’t blame him one bit!

2 Likes

Thank you @bethntim, @kittykill, & @Kwality570!! He took a while to make, but was worth it!!

1 Like

Love this little guy.

3 Likes

Oh, he’s adorable! Gaah, that little face… :heart:

2 Likes

So cute!!

2 Likes

He looks so pleased with himself, and I love the texture on his little shirt. The rake is such a perfect detail along with his little basket of leaves.

2 Likes

Thank you @SilentMynerva, @wittychild, @artsycandice, & @craftADDchick!! :smiley:

The basket was made weeks ago. I did add English Ivy vine handles just a couple of days ago. The rake was made about a week ago loosely based on a wood working program that used to be on PBS in which they recreated old tools using old techniques. I always wanted a rake like that. I didn’t follow old construction techniques. I used glue. LOL!!

Late Spring I took an online course with Pam DeGroot. One of the projects required that we use a sizable amount of silk which was an expense I couldn’t justify for that particular project. It was suggested that cheese cloth could be used instead. Having left over cheese cloth and wanting his undershirt to look “rustic” I used that in making the felt for his shirt. I was very pleased with the results. :mouse:

2 Likes

This is favorite of all of yours. My last name is Rakes so I adore anything with a rake in it. But the raccoon is so cute. Love his little eyes!

1 Like

Thanks @gozer!! He gave me problems with his eyes. I do the raccoon eyes differently than the mice and other creatures and sometimes it is frustrating! :wink: :mouse: :raccoon:

1 Like

Awwwww, look at this helpful little cutie! All the raccoons in my life have been messers, not tidiers!

Is this The Woodwright’s Shop? I loved that show.

2 Likes

That’s the one!! :smiley:

Raccoons can be very messy, but they wash their food (never give them cotton candy) and keep their paws neat!

1 Like

She’s got quite the veggie haul! And a racoon! So sweet!

1 Like

Thanks!! Those are leaves in her basket! :wink: :raccoon:

1 Like

you.slay.me. Leaves are so whimsical!!! Brilliant

1 Like

How did I miss this sweet little one before?! The rake and leaves are soooooo cute, and that earnest expression…! LOVE!

1 Like

Thanks @JoyfulClover, inspired by true events from last year.

Thank you @roler!! Raccoons are more complicated to make and get “right”. There’s a lot more time when they look wretched so I’m always doubly pleased when they manage to pull themselves together and look good! :wink:

2 Likes