Fireside Hat

I made a hat!

Pattern: Fireside Chevron Hat Knitting Pattern
Needles: US 11 - 8.0 mm
Yarn: ~132 grams Lion Brand Hometown USA, 102 Honolulu Pink (super bulky)

Getting this hat started was surprisingly difficult! I knew I wanted to knit a hat in the round with this yarn, but:

1. none of my circular needles were the right size
  2. all of my dpns were too small
  3. my interchangeable needles were the right size, but the cables were too stiff for magic loop
  4. my usual needle store was out of stock

Then I finally remembered that it’s possible to knit in the round using 2 circular needles! So I used this tutorial and my 2 longest interchangeable cables.

I prefer magic loop, but it worked! Even though having more cables flopping around was very tempting for my cat:

(she thinks she’s the best helper :grin:)

11 Likes

love the color and LOVE your helper!

1 Like

Your hat looks great! Knitting on circular needles definitely takes skill! I’m so glad you were able to figure out a solution, make an awesome hat, and have such a great helper!

1 Like

That’s a yummy color! Your “helper” is adorable… Glad you were able to come up with a solution. Craft people are so good at thinking out-of-the-box!

2 Likes

It looks so cozy, and great helper.

1 Like

Your helper is the best. I really like the pattern and color.

1 Like

This came out great and well done for thinking through your options to a solution that worked. I love the helper photo- I have equally helpful small fries here and well, yeahhhhh. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work! Glad you came up with a workable way to make it!

The color is so luscious…also looks so soft and cushy.

I love it when cats “help”…

1 Like

Thank you all! :smiley:

Cool texture. I love how resourceful crafters are when they need to be!

1 Like