First A Level piece finished!

Putting this here because it isn’t wearable so isn’t fashion. It is much more a textile piece, just happens to be a corset underneath. (Still haven’t figured out why we had to do the corset, but was an interesting process).
Anyhoo, our topic was organic form and there was such a range of different projects going on - about 12 in class and no 2 projects were alike. It was great fun!
I chose to do jellyfish, inspired by the phrase ‘immortal blobs of jelly’ someone had said in the first mind mapping session.
This is the finished piece.
I’m really happy with it and :crossed_fingers: I get a good mark for it.

21 Likes

Wow! I really like the textures and the colors.I totally thought of jelly fish before reading what you wrote.

2 Likes

Nicely done! I, too, clearly see the jellyfish. Very cool!

2 Likes

Its very cute, but why do you say not wearable? make it a few sizes larger and I would so wear this to the beach :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh yes, jellyfish are obviously in this piece. Love the colours of the sea. Great job!

2 Likes

There was only 1 pattern so no choice of size. If I had longer I might have looked at making a bigger one but it wasn’t possible. It was handed in on Friday and we’re now on to the next component - doing prep work for exam in May!

2 Likes

Great work! It looks really cool!!

2 Likes

Congrats on your finished art piece! The colors are perfect, as is your stitching. Great work!

2 Likes

This is awesome! and definitely says jellyfish! And is completely a wearable! I feel like this is project runway! good luck on your final!

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

2 Likes

Awesome, and I see it as wearable art :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well this is very interesting indeed. I am excited to see your future posts!

1 Like

It’s beautiful and definitely deserving of a good mark :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is fascinating and beautiful! There’s a summer festival that I would definitely wear this to.

Thank you for all lovely comments on this. Just thought I’d update to say that I got feedback on it today and it was all very positive. If I continue at the same level of work I’m in for a good solid grade B👍

I’m really happy with that, and glad that I went to college today. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like