Flat-laying art journal

I just wanted to share this great tutorial I found and was able to make myself a new art journal in just a couple hours (includes dry times).

Tutorial is found here.

The spine is just cotton fabric, and is bound with glue so the pages are able to lay completely flat when open and each page opens to a full piece of paper without having to worry about traditional signatures. I used mixed media paper, and since the pages are doubled up, I’ll be able to use lots of paint and other wet stuff when filling my book!

One thing I would say is that I wish I had used fabri-tac instead of modge-podge when gluing the pages together. As you can see, the pages warped with the moisture and the Fabri-tac would not have done. In any case, it isn’t perfect, but I love it and it is perfect for how I am gonna use it.

20220111_162121
20220111_162133
20220111_162205

14 Likes

Love the cover! Thanks for sharing the link.

1 Like

Love the cover and endpaper prints! And a flat-laying journal is such a treat. I hope you share what you fill it with, too!

1 Like

oh this is great. love your covers. I feel the need to make one of these ASAP!

1 Like

It looks very cool. Please share what you add into it, and thanks for the link and tips on glue.

1 Like

I’ll be using it on Sunday for the art journal zoom along @Geekgirl !

For anyone in this thread that hasn’t seen it in that thread, sign up for a group Zoom art session this Sunday is here.

1 Like

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like