Floating hummingbird wreath

It’s absolutely spectacular!

1 Like

This is just stunning. I’m sure @Lynx loves it. It is just perfect for her. :heart:

2 Likes

The color change sheet called for 9 colors total, but I used 7. I made the wings the same color as the tail and tail accent. There was a bit of trial and error until I found colors that I was happy with.

4 Likes

Super cool! I love the 3D machine embroidery. What a cool way to use it!

1 Like

Lovely!

1 Like

So pretty! I like it in the open hoop with the flower decoration.

1 Like

So pretty!!

1 Like

That is amazing! What a great way to frame out an embroidery piece! Did you use water soluble stabilizer? (Which i recently found out about thanks to you!)

2 Likes

Wow! That is beautiful!

1 Like

I did indeed use water soluble stabilizer and I only did a light rinse to help keep the bird stiff. I’m glad I helped you discover such stabilizer (though I’m not sure how I managed to accomplish that), it’s pretty handy to have around! I also use it any time I’m sewing jersey knit (if I don’t, I end up with my knit fabric all bunched down in the needle plate area - super frustrating!).

1 Like

@bethntim, have you made anything exciting with your embroidery machine lately? I’ve been on the lookout for any new posts you may add.

1 Like

I did make a reversible kitchen towel that was super cute! And I bought 2 more designs but haven’t stitched them out yet

Backside

4 Likes

Ooh, that is cute - it has the look of hand embroidery. I like the single color design and the fact that it’s reversible!

1 Like

Its reversible because I only had 1 towel but 2 designs! :wink:

2 Likes

Marvelous job! Gorgeous colors, awesome bird!!!

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada: This awesome project is a Featured Project this week!

2 Likes

That’s great, thank you!

2 Likes

Stunning peice. I love the colors and the flowers around the edge.

1 Like

super clever idea to hang it in a hoop. you’ve got me to thinking…

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like