Flower fabric collage scrapplique

Update: I had a rethink, and decided the 3 dimensional flowers weren’t doing it any favors. Ripped them off, and like it much better!

With flowers:

I’ve been drawn to the color combinations of teal, yellow, and pink lately, and this seemed the perfect project. It developed a bit more pastel than expected. Such things happen when you don’t plan everything out meticulously.

It’s all from stash, and all the fabric is from my scrap bags. Largest piece was probably only 1/8th yard, and many were less than 2" wide to start, and narrower before I was done.

I dyed some fabric and all the ribbon

I’ve had the flower centers for years, and rarely used more than one at at time. It was nice to find the right project for them.

I planned from the start to include dimensional flowers and ribbons, but even before they got added, it was pretty cool:

and it’s big, about 14" x 24"

14 Likes

This is lovely!

1 Like

I just love how spontaneous you are in your projects! They just turn out to be so lush and unexpected…the colors are beautiful together…the textures are also great…

Love the background as it was, but adding the embellishments took it over the top!

2 Likes

spontaneous is my middle name. Changed it again after posting, now I like it much better!

1 Like

Beautiful!! Love the scrappy circle flower base and all your embellishments!

1 Like

Very cool! It creates such a warm, embracing vibe.

1 Like

So peaceful. I enjoyed the flowers. Either way, it has beautiful calming colors, even if there is a bee lurking on it. :heartpulse:

1 Like

So pretty!!!

1 Like

The beeeeee! Ah-mazing!

1 Like

:sparkles: :fairy: CONGRATULATIONS! Your awesome project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :mermaid: :sparkles:

1 Like

woo hoo! Thank you!

1 Like

Wow! It’s beautiful and so fun to look at. I love abstract textile pieces like this. The colors and patterning are fabulous.

1 Like