Foxy/herringbone baby blanket

I made this for my first cousin once removed. She is expecting her first baby in the fall, and my grandma (her great grandma) isn’t around anymore to make blankets. So I volunteered. She chose the colors, I gave her a few pattern choices, and this is what we came up with.

Here is a fuller view of the design

The back is kind of fun looking, too.

This is my second finished blanket in mosaic crochet. The first was my Apache Tears Afghan I shared on here a while back. I’ve become obsessed, and I have another mosaic blanket in the works :blush:

25 Likes

that looks soooo nice! still trying to wrap my brain around the mosaic crochet.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful blanket…one that will be cherished.

1 Like

This is simply lovely! The pattern, the colors together, the texture, the even stitching! It’s all amazing.

1 Like

I love the colors she chose and the pattern is so classic. Beautifully stitched.

1 Like

How beautiful! I’m sure it will be cherished for years to come.

1 Like

Absolutely spectacular. The modern design & unusual colour will keep this blanket loved as baby grows up. Wonderful work!

1 Like

That’s a beautiful baby blanket!
Seems like a nice weight too.

1 Like

Truly beautiful.

1 Like

The blanket is amazing looking and I love the backstory of your carrying on a sweet family tradition.

1 Like

@storerboughtcreation you are wonderful to carry on this sweet tradition! I bet your grandma would be so pleased!

The blanket turned out so pretty- I love the close up pic of the texture.

1 Like

I love that I can remember back to times we sat in her living room or on the swing in her backyard, crocheting together, catching up on life. I miss her a lot. My grandma and all four of her sisters suffered from Alzheimer’s in the end. I hope I don’t ever forget those memories. :hearts:

2 Likes

Write them down. You’ll be surprised how much you enjoy re-reading them. Beast Jr and Grumpy Frog would probably love those stories as well.

1 Like

How beautiful!

1 Like

Absolutely lovely. I like the colors and pattern chosen. It looks like a lot of work!

2 Likes

:rainbow: Well, lookie here! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fire:

1 Like

Thank you :hearts:

1 Like

I LOVE mosaic crochet, and this looks amazing!

1 Like

This is so beautiful!

1 Like

The pattern is really lovely. Beautiful work.

1 Like