Frog and Eel go on an adventure

This picture idea came into my head but I felt like it needed softer treatment than the stark ink drawings of before, so I used colored pencil. I wanted it to look a little dreamy. Not a thing that has happened or even for sure will happen, but the possibilities and daydreams are there.

21 Likes

Eeeeee, too cute! Love the colors and they look so happy and hopeful for their journey! <3 <3

2 Likes

Awww! A wonderful adventure is ahead of them!

2 Likes

So cute! And it’s TOTALLY possible that a shirt-but-no-pants eel with go on an adventure with a nekkid frog!

2 Likes

Thanks, friends! Happy and hopeful, yes!

:rofl: I mean… Wouldn’t eel pants just be a skirt? I could put him in a kilt! That’s a lotta plaid, though. And the frog, well… she’s footloose and fancy free. :joy: The reasoning (and there is some… a little) was that back when I first drew these two characters, they represent me (blue frog, duh) and my Twitter friend. I had to make him recognizable as This Character and not just some generic eel. It’s hard to make an eel distinct from all other eels, and I ruled out drawing the eel with facial hair to match his alter-ego because that would be weirder and/or creepier than an eel in a shirt. So this is what we get! And that still leaves us with a nekkid frog. lol

1 Like

I love hearing the behind the scenes details! And it all makes sense. I love that the eel shirt has a collar and sleeves. He’s not an entirely casual eel, after all.

1 Like

lol Well-groomed eel

1 Like

Lovely. Looks like an image from a wonderful children’s book.

1 Like

This sure does look dreamy. You sure captured exactly what you were imagining. I LOVE it! The shading is spectacular.

1 Like

Aw, thank you so much!

Adorable! I love the soft hazy tones too!

1 Like