Frogs a' Jumpin' Tote

I am working furiously through my stash and WIP projects. There is a reason a project languishes in my space: I started it and then just did not like it. This was originally going to be a tote bag for a friend to use for shopping. What was I thinking? White? Yeah, that would not really work, especially with fresh veggies at the farmers’ market where my friend went weekly…

I made her another bag and threw this in the WIP pile…uh, 10 years ago? lol

It occurred to me that I needed something to corral my working pile, so I made a basket to set on the table…it won’t get too dirty there! Lined with stash. Phew! One done…and the basket is already pretty full with the smaller projects…size is about 18x18…

I used the corners I cut out to box the basket to make a few coasters so nothing was wasted!

Thanks for looking as I forge on to the next WIP!

18 Likes

I love, Love, LOVE both of these projects. The fabric is OMGOOD!

1 Like

Way to rescue that abandoned project! Inspriational! My biggest destash struggle in not what to make so much as what to make that I actually have a use for or would be an actual useful gift. Sigh.

2 Likes

Funny, because with fabrics, I often feel drawn to practical things as well and struggle with that—and seriously, how many quilts, pouches, and totes do I really need? That is why I enjoy swaps like the prayer flags, TM patches, and fabric journal pages to bring out the more impractical, artistic side of me.

With paper and paint, I feel absolutely no need to be practical at all! lol (although, I must say the happy balance for me is making cards with the paper and paints!)

2 Likes

I think I have a similar drive with practicality. And then add that I only want to give a pouch to someone I think might want a pouch, etc. it really impedes me. And while I think I would really enjoy making more artful things, I don’t really want to have them! With paper projects, it’s easier to make things with what I have in my stash, but not ahead of schedule, because I want the birthday cards to be appropriate to the recipient so making ahead and really making a dent in the stash. I just get in my own way!

2 Likes

We just have to embrace all of these unique quirks and traits we have and go with them! lol I doubt that at my age that I am going to change them, so I just consider them all to be part of fine aging and acceptance! lol

If I have too much “stuff”, someone else will need to deal with it when I am gone…in the meantime, I always have a bag full of give aways waiting for the right person! lol

2 Likes

Love that froggie fabric! Your basket and coasters are beautiful.

1 Like

This is great - bright colorful froggy toes! :wink:

Cute fabric! All my grocery bags have a white background and I don’t find it an issue.

You don’t know my friend…lol…she is a walking mess…no matter where we go, she spills stuff on herself and often in the car as well…nobody would let her get in their car with any food or liquid…I am sure you are neater and not such a disaster! lol

1 Like

Okay, I get it :joy: and, yes, I’m not a walking mess.

1 Like

Well, that is good to know! It means we can go out to dinner someday and I won’t be looking for the exit… lol.

1 Like

GAH! It’s so cute! That is adorable fabric, and I love that you made something precious and useful with the cut-offs. Those are possibly now the world’s most adorable coasters. Perfect for summery drinks and relaxing on the porch listening to the froggies sing. :heart:

1 Like

I have a creek behind my house and the frogs in summer are really loud…but a cool, adult drink on the patio on a hot, humid Southern night will make the sound tolerable… :innocent:

1 Like

Love the fabric. I agree about the white fabric not being the best for a shopping bag. I have been wanting to make a new purse but all the fabrics I want are light in color. I am glad you found a new life for this. It deserves to be seen. Too cute!!! Especially love those coasters.

Adorable!

I love to make new stuff out of failed projects. It only takes 3x as much time, and ten times the cussing…

2 Likes

The more cussing the better the project turns out

1 Like

…and the more we want to show it off!

lol I was lucky that it was just cut out and not sewn! I did have to add another layer of interfacing so as not to have the bright lining shine through…shortened the handles…this one was easy peasy! Others, yeah, not so much!