Gelli print tag book

I made this little gelli print tag book for @geekgirl in the 12 days of Christmas swap. It’s made using size 8 tags that I gelli printed on using a variety of mediums (acrylic, alcohol ink, watercolors, etc) and techniques. The individual tags are attached in pairs with little hinges on the outsides and then the pairs are glued with back sides together to form the bulk of the book. I used black gaffer tape on the biding before gluing on the covers. I forgot to take pictures of most of the insides but hopefully you can see the variety here.

14 Likes

Beautiful! I love how vivid your color palette is.

2 Likes

Hot dang this is cool!

1 Like

So pretty! And it was such a creative idea to create a book out of those gorgeous tags.

1 Like

These are so pretty! What a cool idea.

1 Like

Beautiful! I especially love the cover. Is that a stamp or a stencil you used for the circles with designs?

1 Like

That’s my favorite one too! It’s made with a texture plate designed specifically for gelli/mono printing. Texture plates are slightly different than stamps in that the text isn’t inverted so that it will be facing the right way when you pull the print whereas text on stamps is inverted so that it’s facing the correct way when you stamp.

1 Like

It’s soo cool! I will have to look for those if I ever manage to step up my gelli plate game. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

These are awesome! That red one with the scribbly line is really striking.

1 Like

That’s one of my favs too! The scribbly line was made using sewing thread of all things.

So pretty, I must give gelli printing a try one day!