Gingersnap Bread Pudding

Oh my word…this is soooo gooooooood.

Anyway, had gotten a couple of cheap milks (almond and coconut), and wanted to make something with them. So I made an almond stovetop custard and had the egg whites left over. What to do with them? So I made this.

3 egg whites
a handful of gingersnap cookies
1 slice of bread
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 Tbls. Sugar
1 Tbls. Melted butter
1/2 c. Coconut milk (Not sure if this really added anything, as the gingersnaps are pretty over-powering).

Blend liquids and sugar together.
Mix in bread and gingersnaps, let sit for about 5 minutes.
Place into a 5x7x1 pan, and bake at 325 for about 30 to 35 minutes.

The milk I used.

The gingersnaps.

Was going to let this cool down, but after I took a taste…That’s not going to happen. This is a massive surprise, :star_struck:. So good…Unless my taste is failing me, :rofl:. Either way, I’m going to finish this off…And probably be very very sorry for it, too, :grin:

7 Likes

You and your improvised recipes! Amazing!

1 Like

This sounds delicious! I would never have thought of putting coconut and ginger snaps together, but in my head, I think it would taste fantastic.

Speaking of, here’s a recipe I modified from some recipe I found many years ago. I made it for breakfast for my wife, and she didn’t like some of the ingredients, so I changed it, and don’t remember what I changed, O_o. I do know it was quite a bit, though.

Baked Chocolate Banana French Toast

12 Slices of white bread (crusts removed)
6 oz. Semisweet Chocolate Chips
5 Eggs
1/2 c. Milk
1/4 c. Melted butter
1/3 c. Sugar
1+1/2 c. Evaporated Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
Sliced bananas

In a 13x9 inch pan, place a layer of six slices of bread. Sprinkle chocolate chips over bread. Top with the remaining slices of bread.

Mix the rest of the ingreadients and pour over the bread covering everything. Let stand for 30 minutes.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Uh! I didn’t write down what I did with the bananas…:scream: . I’m guessing, since my wife doesn’t like cooked fruit, I probably added them just before serving.

As for what else I had done to it, don’t know. Can’t find the pictures I took of it. So I’m guessing I would have made a glaze to top it, or I just sprinkled powdered sugar over it. Either way, I do remember it was really good.

2 Likes

That one sounds good, too!

What a unique combination! It sure sounds delicious!