Gouache Pastel Skies

I am trying my hand at learning gouache techniques. Fairly new to the medium and did a couple of small pastel skies for practice. I got a bunch of new colors of gouache for Christmas gifts. They included shimmer and glitter colors! I used shimmer in the clouds, but sadly it doesn’t read in the photos very well.
Also the horizontal one includes a tiny Swift Wind (She-Ra’s Pegasus) :smiley:

16 Likes

Pretty! I love the wee little pegasus too! :slight_smile:

I have used gouache a few times and it is nice to play with. I love the kinda hidden unicorn. Wonderful piece!

Ahhh, I love a nice sky. It’s dreamy!

Absolutely gorgeous! You’d never know you are new to the medium.

Wow that’s so lovely. I’ve only done pastels once in art school and it was a challenge. Mad mad respect!

1 Like

That is so pretty!! :two_hearts:

It’s really pretty. Your blending is great.

So pretty! I love your ethereal clouds.

Very lovely! :heart_eyes:

Wow, I really love how smooth those colors look. I’ve never tried gouache pastel but I think you may have inspired me! Phenomenal job, honestly and the palette choices are spot on!

1 Like

So pretty :heart:

The colors are just pastel. They come in a tube. It is acryl gouache!

1 Like

So wonderful! The colors are perfect.

1 Like

I absolutely love the Undercover Fandom of this. The piece itself is really dreamy and appears to be a lovely landscape (which it is) and then right in the corner you see…wait a minute!!

Utterly Brilliant!

\m/

I am such a noob, and had to look this up:
Gouache, body color, or opaque watercolor, is one type of watermedia, paint consisting of natural pigment, water, a binding agent, and sometimes additional inert material. Gouache is designed to be used with opaque methods of painting. Gouache has a considerable history, going back over 600 years.

I adore the kinda hidden pegasus, how wonderful is that?!

So pretty clouds :smiley: and why doesn’t glitter and shimmer photograph better? You would think that with the technology we have today… XD but they still look great, wonderful skills even though you’re still learning